Which amps get your pedalboards?

Gemini2

I run my board through one of two tweed Bassman clones I own.

The first one was built by Mike Marsh in 2010. With that one I recently replaced the stock Weber alnico sigs with a broken in quad of P10r Ri’s.

The other Bassman is an early 90’s Fender Ri with the stock Emi blue frame alnicos. I had Marsh gut and hand wire it and it’s currently my main rig.

Meriphew

My amps

My current #1 - Fender Edge Deluxe

My old MusicMan Sixty Five Reverb head & vintage Fender 2x12 cab

Morgan AC20 Deluxe w/matching 1x12 cab

Marshall 2061X & 2061CX 2x12 cab

I somehow forgot about my AC30 TBX (would be my #1 if not for the weight and volume)

Last edited:

OotMagroot

Quite frankly, I am awestruck at how good the BritWind sounded to my ears.. Ironically, the Pedalboard in front of the Green Channel was the best sound IMO ..
Yeah, I've been wanting to try running into an AC30ish type of thing, forever. I'm not looking for miracles, but a neat solution on the cheapz is appreciated. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

HBob

Boogie Mark IV combo into a solid pine 4x12. I also have a Roland JC-120 and an ADA Rocket A10 combo hooked up to a Fender ‘63 Reissue Reverb unit but I don’t use them much.

bromac

Silver Supporting Member
I love digging through the show us your pedalboard threads.... but I always wonder about so many of the amps that are used with them. What amps are folks running their boards into these days?
I tried a bunch and the best I've found is the Fender Deluxe Reverb. Get the twin if you need a monster but the one 12 was fine for me. Great amp.

jmidnight

Silver Supporting Member
I like clean amps and get my overdrive from pedals, though I do sometimes couple those with the amp's drive channel as well. My go-to for gigs is just a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 4, almost entirely on the clean channel. I also use a Two Rock 10th Anniversary J2 on occasion though it stays in my studio for the most part now. That's the one where the combination of amp OD and OD pedals can be sublime. I also love the Carr Rambler, which I think has the best clean tone by far and takes pedals very well.

I love digging through the show us your pedalboard threads.... but I always wonder about so many of the amps that are used with them. What amps are folks running their boards into these days?

I like running T.C. Electronics DarkMatter (& Mojo Mojo as a solo boost) into a Dr. Z carmen ghia. Sounds like a 70's Marshall with fresh tubes.
And running a Boss/JHS Angry Driver into a Dr. Z Remedy....just rowdy

piazzi

Laney Lionheart 20H

It sounds great on its own, and takes all sorts of pedals well

I also have a Katana 100 MKII. It takes my Fender MTG: LA really well on its clean channel. I can't get tired of the sound of my strat through the fender pedal into katana

metrokosmiko

Silver Supporting Member
I only have an AC15c1 now, but back when I had a Fender Super Sonic 22w, a Marshall DSL40c and the AC51c1, my pedalboard worked well into all of them.

Always based around an OCD + some boost placed before it.

I sold the Fender and Marshall because they were too heavy and loud and I like to record silent.
I left the AC15 for last because it was the harder to sell (it has an issue or two) but it ended up being my favorite of the three.

optonj

Just bought a Gries 18. It’s basically the normal channel of a deluxe reverb. Perfect pedal platform.

JBK

I know some--most--of you will likely cringe on this but, here goes: I just picked up a Fender Tonemaster Deluxe in the blonde finish. It's been said that it's supposed to be more pedal friendly than the black version. Well, one of the pedals that I have is a Tech21 RK5 Fly Rig (the original version). I plugged this in the other night, with my stock Vintera Modified Telecaster and, instant Mesa Boogie MkIIc!! How do I know this? I used to own one. I was, and still am, amazed by how great it sounds.

Bad Wolf

I'm lucky that there are a couple of top notch music stores that offer hard to source and boutique guitars, amps and pedals within a 90 minute radius from my location. I've spent an incalculable amount of time at those stores sampling various products.

I eventually decided on a Victory Duchess V40 head and matching 2x12 cab as my perfect pedal platform.

It's a single channel amp built specifically to handle pedals and allow the tone of the pedal to sing through without colouring or distorting the sound. It's quite unique.

npappas

Don't know how to add pics, but i'm running a 1987 JCM800 4010 combo at the apartment, but have a Traynor modded Yba-1a through a 2x12 for band stuff. That one takes pedals better but the JCM does this well at lower volumes.

Donosaur

All my pedals are great through my Princeton Reverb ‘65 reissue, I bought so many drive pedals trying to get it to the right kind of dirt. But I just got a Friedman Dirty Shirley 40 watt and now the treble booster on top of amp gain is making me really happy. It takes pedals very well set up clean, but still too enamored with it dirty to bother.

Trending Topics