Which Barber LTD for Fender Blackface Bassman?

minjason

Would love to hear your experiences with any or all of the Barber LTD version through blackface Fender amps. I use a strat, and I am looking for something that I can use as my primary low-gain OD as I have an OCD for higher gain applications. I know that the SR has the flattest EQ while the standard LTD has more present mids with Silver being somewhere in the middle. While I love the sound of my guitar/amp combo and would like a pedal that is fairly transparent, I know that bf fenders tend to lack some mids too, which makes it difficult to decide which of these will work best with my amp. Any suggestions?

Jam119

I would seriously consider the LTD SR w/Mod Board... It give you a note shape that tunes in more bass response into the note, dip swithches and a mid control... I had the SR for 6 months and loved it in my BF style amps but I'm glad I upgraded to the Mod Board! It's a leave on all the time pedal that is sounds very natural...

plan-x

+1 on the mod board. Any LTD will do with that. You can adjust the mids to match your amp.

Dan-o

I would just go to www.barberlectronics.com & ask Dave Barber direct...he's a great guy...the Flat EQ on the SR version might not be the best for the Blackface...ITS FLAT...I have one...love it...I have read that alot of Fender users have been liking the Barber's for a nice Overdrive so you are on the right Path...there's also the NEW V2 of the Black LTD with has less Mids & More Bass...I would just go right to Dave & order direct...if you dont like it he'll let ya sent it back!

Trending Topics