which bare knuckles for me???

pureoverdrive

Hey there, Im thinking bout trying a bk in the bridge of an explorer. Want something thats clear under high gain and has great harmonics without being harsh, and great bottom end response for drop d'ing, also need a twangy sound when split as i play a lot of funk... what u recommend?

Last edited:

steve gray

go to the bareknuckles forum on their site... those people really know what pickups do which.. Or email Tim and ask him.. hes pretty good at giving you want you want.

I would get a traditional humbucker with Alnico 2 or 5. Most of his pups are good anyway. I had the Peter Green Blues set which was great (and has the out of phase sound in the middle).

pureoverdrive

I would get a traditional humbucker with Alnico 2 or 5. Most of his pups are good anyway. I had the Peter Green Blues set which was great (and has the out of phase sound in the middle).
I was thinking more along the lines of ceramic, rather than an overwound 2 or 5 as am told it gives more definition through the frequency spectrum?

it just depends what sound you're going after and what amp settings you use. Ceramic is good for metal. Not exclusively but that's the main use I would think

AndrewC

Socially Distant Member
Gold Supporting Member
+1 on the Crawlers. Very articulate but plenty of balls. I've got them in two of my guitars at the moment. I've also had VHIIs and Holy Divers but the Crawlers clean up and split better than any of them. I get three very usable tones with just a twist of the volume pot.

mr_sooty

The only BKP humbuckers I've heard are the Rebel Yellers, but they really are amazing, and would totally fit your description. My friend put them in a Les Paul and that has become the nicest sounding Les Paul I've ever heard.

Trending Topics