• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Which bass amp to keep??? Suggestions and input requested.

standard24

Guitar player here, needing jam equipment advise...

I have a 13' X 13' jam room. I have drums, guitar amp PA and bass amp. (I used to have a much larger space, but this is it for now...).

The bass amp I've had for a few years is a 200 watt Nemesis w/15" speaker. It feels like the speaker is too large for this small room... (Does the size of the bass waves and the small size of the room affect the way the waves are heard?)

I've recently come up with another bass amp... A Fender Bassman 400. It's about the same size as the Nemesis, but it uses 2-10" speakers in a ported cabinet. The Fender amp is 350 watts and seems to have more control functions, but I'm wondering if it might be a little easier to hear it (at low, jam room volumes), with the smaller speakers?

The Fender amp weighs a TON, compared to the Nemesis, but it's not going anywhere anyway.

Bottom line... I want to keep one and sell the other.

Which one would work best for a bass player in these room confines, which would be easier to sell? Which would be worth more money?

All responses are appreciated!
Thanks!

Floyd Eye

I don't know that it makes any difference as far as which one you can hear better in the small room. There are a lot of variables and you haven't provided much information. I would think you could make either one work in that space. Tell you what though, I would definitely take that Fender over the Nemesis.

G Man

If you have them both on sight, plug in to each one and let your ears decide which fits the space better. Other than that, I'd take the Fender over the Nemesis as well and would most likely take a 210 over a 115, but if the 115 sounded better in the room, I would go that route.

202dy

The room is more important than the amp. A square room is a bad dream for bass. A small, square room is a recurring nightmare that you never wake up from.

The amp you have is fine. Spend your money treating the room. Floor to ceiling bass traps in the corners is a good start.

standard24

I would definitely take that Fender over the Nemesis.
I'd take the Fender over the Nemesis as well and would most likely take a 210 over a 115,
I can discuss guitar amps intelligently all day long... Bass amps, I just don't know enough about... My thoughts on keeping the Nemesis, were because it's WAY lighter than the Fender, and that the Fender would be easier to sell for a profit. But I suspect that the Fender would sound better in the small room, but be a total bitch to move around if I ever wanted to gig with it.

I'm going to take the good advise given, and compare the amps. (Or maybe I'll get rid of both and get something much smaller and lighter...)

guitargod0dmw

Bass amps, I just don't know enough about
The size of the speaker isn't going to tell you anything about the way the amp sounds. It's just going to tell you the size of the speaker.

I would try to tweak away with what you've got. It may be that you just don't like the way the amp or the cab sounds and it's not the right amp for you.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom