• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Which bass amp

Goat666

After taking a 20 year hiatus raising my children I am finally to the point to where I can and really need to get back into playing. What I was wondering which bass amp should I choose. I just want a little one for now. I was thinking maybe a fender rumble 25w. What do you guy su6.

Mark 63

Silver Supporting Member
Rumbles are good amps. If you want to start modest, the Rumble 100 would be a lot more versatile. I've used one with a drummer and it was fine.

tnvol

Ufologist
I agree with the comments above. I have a Rumble 25 and its great, but I wish I'd have gone with the 100

cratz2

Silver Supporting Member
I agree. The Rumble 40 and 100 are great choices. Even better with a modest speaker swap a few months down the road.

I R P

Nothing wrong with a Rumble, but if you don’t mind spending a little money, you could get an Ampeg PF-20T and the matching 1x12 or 1x15 cabinet. Nice little reward for all that child-rearing. What kind of bass do you have or what kind are you fixin’ to get?

nickelwound

Silver Supporting Member
Another vote for the Gallien Krueger MB110. I just picked one up earlier this year.

Plenty of power for home and jamming with friends. (won’t keep up with a hard hitting drummer). The 4 band eq is really nice and easy to get just about any sound you want. I haven’t really turned up past halfway but the speaker doesn’t flub out with a 4 string.

The GK runs a little more in price than others but I grabbed mine from GC with a “in call” discount for $400. Assembled in America if that is important to you.

Goat666

Nothing wrong with a Rumble, but if you don’t mind spending a little money, you could get an Ampeg PF-20T and the matching 1x12 or 1x15 cabinet. Nice little reward for all that child-rearing. What kind of bass do you have or what kind are you fixin’ to get?
Esp ltd ta-104.

Goat666

Well, I went with finder Rumble 25. The shope only had two in my price range, so I went with the Rumble. I even got a discount to where after taxes I paid less then the regular price. It sounds great for the price. Thanks for the help.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Just to add another idea to the mix, I had a Hartke Kickback amp I bought used for years as a practice amp and taught bass with it, also.

I was a great workhorse for that application.

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
After taking a 20 year hiatus raising my children I am finally to the point to where I can and really need to get back into playing. What I was wondering which bass amp should I choose. I just want a little one for now. I was thinking maybe a fender rumble 25w. What do you guy su6.
DarkGlass Alpha/Omega 900 (modern sound, multi-band EQ, compressor, and two blendable distortions) or Mesa Boogie Subway TT-800 (punchy, clean, tube preamp, and flexible EQ). Both are great amps; small and portable too.

Last edited: