1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Which bridge are you using on your Nocaster?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Kmaz, May 24, 2011.

1. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

Just curious about other Nocaster owners who may have upgraded their bridge. Worthwhile change?

2. snarkle

snarkle Silver Supporting Member

Personally, I haven't felt the need to, so I'm sticking with the vintage-style unit that came stock on my burgundy mist example. (A Wildwood NOS guitar, with the 9.5" radius and big frets, by the way.)

But, being a typical TGP gear hound, if someone can make a convincing case for an upgrade I'd be interested in hearing it, too.

3. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

I tried a Wilkinson bridge on my old Nocaster, with the compensated saddles. It was a bit thicker than the stock plate so it lost a bit of twang but it did sound good - a different kind of good I guess. I ended up keeping the saddles but dumping the bridge as I wanted the twang back so I put them on the original bridge.

4. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

Thanks, guys. I'm liking mine stock as well, but thought it worth looking into. I've got the total vintage Nocaster but would love some bigger frets on the neck.

5. Jedi

Jedi Member

Been using mine with the stock bridge since 2000....many gigs, no issues and IMHO the stock bridge is part of the tone.

6. Prairie Belt

Prairie Belt Supporting Member

I just kept the stock bridge on & I've been really happy with it. I've used Callaham bridges on two teles before that. The build quality is excellent and they sound great, but I haven't felt the need to put one on my Nocaster. The Callaham seemed to smooth things out a lot, I guess it lost some the raw quality that I like about teles.

7. WrapAround

WrapAround Member

Mine's been on there since 1996 and never been swapped.

8. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Member

I wouldn't want anything but the cheap, stamped steel Fndr bridge. I grind away the lip adjacent to the high E string, but other than that, stock.

9. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

All stock on mine.