Which bridge are you using on your Nocaster?

Kmaz

Silver Supporting Member
Just curious about other Nocaster owners who may have upgraded their bridge. Worthwhile change?

snarkle

Silver Supporting Member
Personally, I haven't felt the need to, so I'm sticking with the vintage-style unit that came stock on my burgundy mist example. (A Wildwood NOS guitar, with the 9.5" radius and big frets, by the way.)

But, being a typical TGP gear hound, if someone can make a convincing case for an upgrade I'd be interested in hearing it, too.

Random Hero

I tried a Wilkinson bridge on my old Nocaster, with the compensated saddles. It was a bit thicker than the stock plate so it lost a bit of twang but it did sound good - a different kind of good I guess. I ended up keeping the saddles but dumping the bridge as I wanted the twang back so I put them on the original bridge.

Kmaz

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, guys. I'm liking mine stock as well, but thought it worth looking into. I've got the total vintage Nocaster but would love some bigger frets on the neck.

Jedi

Been using mine with the stock bridge since 2000....many gigs, no issues and IMHO the stock bridge is part of the tone.

Prairie Belt

I just kept the stock bridge on & I've been really happy with it. I've used Callaham bridges on two teles before that. The build quality is excellent and they sound great, but I haven't felt the need to put one on my Nocaster. The Callaham seemed to smooth things out a lot, I guess it lost some the raw quality that I like about teles.

I wouldn't want anything but the cheap, stamped steel Fndr bridge. I grind away the lip adjacent to the high E string, but other than that, stock.

Trending Topics