• Please use the following thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

Which Class A,4xEL-84 Has the Most Clean Headroom!

jads57

Supporting Member
Maybe this the wrong type of amp for this ? But of all the different 4xEL-84 amps out there, Matchless, Bad Cat, Heritage Briiton 2, Genz Benz Black Pearl, Vox AC-30,etc which has the most clean headroom w/ say 2x12 cab? Thanks in advance!

A Strat with normal output single coils will get PLENTY of clean headroom through a TopHat King Royale! :RoCkIn

Incidentally,I don't believe any amps running at this kind of wattage are truly 'Class A'.

GreatGreen

If you want clean headroom, an EL84 driven class A amp probably shouldn't be your first choice. :)

Having said that, I have no idea which of the EL84 amps would be best for headroom.

If you want clean headroom, an EL84 driven class A amp probably shouldn't be your first choice. :)

Having said that, I have no idea which of the EL84 amps would be best for headroom.
Aw man,unless you're coming from the DR103 camp,you can get phenominal and loud cleans with a 35W,'84 amp!

Last edited:

Trending Topics