• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

which coiled cable????

somedude

Lava Retro Coil - Very even sounding w/ attenuated top end.

Bullet Coil Cable - Very punchy midrange. Touch brighter than the Lava coil.

I also have a Fender Koil... sounds good yet bright. I wouldn't use it for high gain as it has alot of handing noise. I find it handy to keep around for using with cleaner combos as the extra top end helps out here.

Primakurtz

Bullet - live, not in the studio. A little handling noise, some high-end loss, but generally really good. And fun on the stage.

ibzmav

most coily cables are literally heavy.. can anyone recommend a lighter one but also durable?

I bought a Vox simply to play with live and it turned out to sound quite a bit better than I expected. Plugs seem to be a bit oversized.... I've had to retighten the jack input on my Les Paul once. I've heard no more signal loss than a straight 20 footer. It's not noisy or overly dull so I'll continue to use it but I wish that the Lava offered his in another color.

Primakurtz

Petition drive to get Lava Man to do some colors other than orange? It would clash with my cabinet...

Lava Retro Coil - Very even sounding w/ attenuated top end.

Bullet Coil Cable - Very punchy midrange. Touch brighter than the Lava coil.

I also have a Fender Koil... sounds good yet bright. I wouldn't use it for high gain as it has a lot of handing noise. I find it handy to keep around for using with cleaner combos as the extra top end helps out here.
With the Bullet and Lava... does the characteristic change if you're using humbuckers or single coil guitars?

In Tune

So the consensus here is what? the Lava rules, or the other one? The Lava is 65 beans, the other is 4O beans........:confused::confused::confused: I still dont know which one to get and I want ONE.:dunno:dunno:dunno

charmboy

Funny, I think the orange looks great. In fact it's convinced me for the first time ever that I might want a coiled cable. Different strokes I suppose.

Trending Topics