• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Which Current Tele has the Fattest Neck?

M

Member 37136

I'm looking for some girth! The '52 RI? Baja?

Also, I prefer no S-1 switching and a 3-barrel bridge, but I can fix those if need be. Suggestions?

Steve73

I'd get one built if I was you. You can get the exact specs you want that way. I had a Tele put together by TGP member Superlead that turned out great. It has an nitro finished All Parts fat maple neck on it. It's 1" from the nut to the 12th fret!

Anchorage42

Is there a good way to try out neck profiles/nut widths at somewhere like Guitar Center (I'm in Atlanta if it helps)?

TattooedCarrot

Silver Supporting Member
Custom Shop Broadcaster.

Of the productions, the Baja Tele.

Aftermarket, both the Boatneck and Fatback Warmoth necks are huge 1" all the way down.

straycat113

The Gatton Tele has the biggest neck I have played on a Tele. I believe you have a body and are just looking for a neck? Y ou will never get one from Fender so you can either go the Warmoth route or have one built.

M

Member 37136

Thanks, guys. It sounds like those boatnecks are what I'm after. Maybe I'll buy a loaded body and bolt one on.

peskypesky

get a Warmoth fatback neck and put it on the body of your choice.

i have one on a Strat and its the bees knees.

stilesg57

'52 RI with its big U felt much thicker to me than the Baja's V. I prefer the Baja's profile all the way, but it's a very personal thing and there are legions of '52 RI fans that would burn me at the stake as a heretic for saying that ;)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom