• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Which delay comes close to the Memory Lane...

8strings0hair

Cool, looking forward to hearing your conclusions.

I should have said that I like the darker sounds that I can find in ML.

The DMM is a great sounding delay but I´m more after the more ´washy´dark ML sound.
Well, after an incredibly fun half hour of playing through my ML and Echo Puss, I would venture to say you might not like the Echo Puss.

I fully understand what you say about the ML "washy" sound. Truth is, I find it in part to be due to the little bit of white noise that accompanies the echoes.
The ML is on my main board for a reason. It really is the Cadillac of ambient washes.
(Fyi, I think I have it set similar to yours, the tone is back off a little from noon, and the modulation is present but not overwhelming).

I was actually able to match that sound with the Echo Puss... BUT, no matter how you set it, the EP is very "clean" (no extra white noise, not a lot of degradation in the repeats). Which is actually quite the feat for a small analog delay.

I popped in my Carbon Copy too, to have another reference tone, since you said it lacks character for what you're looking for.
(I personally like its tone, the way it sits discreetly in the back, but blends well with the original signal).
But from your point of view, the EP has more character.

And while (on the EP) I can dial in a darker tone on the repeats too, and have a nice wash of modulation, just like the ML, the way the delay "sits" is just different.

That's the inherent personality of each delay, I find. How it sits with your sound.
So in essence, the Echo Puss is a very cool sounding delay, but it does not quite capture that elusive ML magic :)

Good luck!

Last

Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude Analogue Delay.

Have you listened to some of the clips out there?

There's also quite a long thread here on it.

I've been wanting one myself for quite a while now.

Maybe check out the Analogman delay? I think its smaller than the memory lane but I've never seen one in person
The analogman delay sounds nice, I´ll check it out. Thanks.

Well, after an incredibly fun half hour of playing through my ML and Echo Puss, I would venture to say you might not like the Echo Puss.

I fully understand what you say about the ML "washy" sound. Truth is, I find it in part to be due to the little bit of white noise that accompanies the echoes.
The ML is on my main board for a reason. It really is the Cadillac of ambient washes.
(Fyi, I think I have it set similar to yours, the tone is back off a little from noon, and the modulation is present but not overwhelming).

I was actually able to match that sound with the Echo Puss... BUT, no matter how you set it, the EP is very "clean" (no extra white noise, not a lot of degradation in the repeats). Which is actually quite the feat for a small analog delay.

I popped in my Carbon Copy too, to have another reference tone, since you said it lacks character for what you're looking for.
(I personally like its tone, the way it sits discreetly in the back, but blends well with the original signal).
But from your point of view, the EP has more character.

And while (on the EP) I can dial in a darker tone on the repeats too, and have a nice wash of modulation, just like the ML, the way the delay "sits" is just different.

That's the inherent personality of each delay, I find. How it sits with your sound.
So in essence, the Echo Puss is a very cool sounding delay, but it does not quite capture that elusive ML magic :)

Good luck!
Your description and settings are spot on! Thats how I like to use the ML and I find it hard to find something close to this.

Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude Analogue Delay.

Have you listened to some of the clips out there?

There's also quite a long thread here on it.

I've been wanting one myself for quite a while now.
Never heard of it before, I´ll check it out! Thanks.

Dubious

im flip flopping back and forth between an OG memory lane and a loaned dm2 right now.. would love to go SMALL ..but man the ML is just so magical

earwax

I might prefer the MLJR but the short time I played the MLJR DLX would make me think it’s closer to what I remember my original Memory Lane being like.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom