• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Which delay would you get for Gilmour & Ambient?

which delay for gilmour/ambient

• Empress VMSD

• Diamond Memory Lane

• Diamond Memorey Land Jnr

• Analogman ARDX20 w/ Amazeo

• Providence Chrono

• DMM w/ Tap Tempo

Results are only viewable after voting.

coolhand78

looking to get a 2nd delay, have narrowed the list down.

It's mostly for Gilmour stuff and more ambient solo stuff...

please vote and if post your reasons why...

tnt365

Skreddy Echo does Gilmour great for me. The VMSD I use for some Gilmour stuff and a lot of Zep stuff.

bruce1448

Do we have to pick from the list? I'd vote Strymon El Cap although I haven't tried some of the others from the poll...

halcyon85

It's not on your list but El Capistan. It does tape, and it can do ambient. Shazam.

Unless you're after the Gilmour digital delay type thing. If that's the case... :dunno

100JH

I use a DD2 and T-Rex Replica. Works very well for me. Easy to use and board friendly. I also have a Skrecho, EP3, DMM (H Davis mods) Flashback and Timeline as resources if I so desire.

I even think DG liked the T-Rex a bit...

Bryan29

Ibanez DE7. Great tape setting for the price.

T-Rex Replica. Great delay but much higher price.

brettmoor

Silver Supporting Member
I also have a Delay 80's and I'm using it in conjunction with the DMMTT. Sounds heavenly...perfect duo and will cover all your bases and more

coolhand78

keep em coming - according to the poll its really between the VMSD and DMM w/ Tap Tempo...

thanks for the suggestions, nothing's really tickled my fancy yet... i'm leaning towards the VMSD based on features..

Goldwing

What type of sound are you looking for? if you're after the Run Like Hell delay you NEED a digital delay and a very DIGITAL delay.. I mean it has to sound digital but warm to the ear.

If you're after other sounds I think the best choice is the Trex Replica. The Ibanez mentioned early is a very good choice for the price also.

If you need presets..then you need a delay with presets...

In the other hand you already have a very good delay...

KidArchitect

I switch between VMSD and Carbon Copy

People say I have a very gilmour style and sound

I honestly dont know if it matters.

VMSD can do everything though...sharp digital, the tape is pretty warm, but not as swirly as a true analog delay. Which I rely on my carbon copy for.

Memory Lane is a gorgeous sounding delay too

Trending Topics

Top Bottom