Which Digital/Modeling/SS Amp for Practice Only?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by DonaldDemon, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Dickie Fredericks

Dickie Fredericks Supporting Member

I think David Brewster is using a Line 6 amp in his videos and he sure makes it sound good.

I also see the Behringer modeler on his desk but I'm pretty sure he is using the Line 6

2. DonaldDemon

DonaldDemon Member

Ok, so as an update, I returned the Katana 50 today. The sound I was getting was too inconsistent and not great, still felt like a toy amp to me. I had a decent low volume high gain and clean tone going but the mid gain tones were not great and all of them fell apart at any real volume so why struggle with something I wouldn't want to use with a band anyway. I'm thinking THR should be next, I remember liking the one I borrowed. I just need to decide on which one to get, hopefully the older ones will be cheaper with v2 coming soon.

Cactusprick likes this.
  3. scott58

scott58 Member

Fender Super Champ X2. A little light on the metal, but fits the bill on everything else. I got the wine colored limited with the greenback in used for $325-50. Something like that. No pedals or anything required.

JoeInOttawa likes this.
  4. cob666

cob666 Member

For at home, bedroom practice, I use a Roland MicroCube. It sounds good at low levels, gets loud enough that I can play along to my stereo, has a few decent sounds and the effects are OK at low levels. The icing on the cake is that it runs on batteries or a power supply. I've used it when the power is out and there's absolutely nothing to do and have even taken it to a few campfire jams.

The one I have now has to be close to 15 years old so I've been looking for a new practice amp as well. Nothing I've played so far comes close to the MicroCube. The original has been discontinued, the current model is, I believe, the Micro Cube GX.