Which do you find more useful???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by wingwalker, May 1, 2008.

1. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

If you had to choose between an Eric Johnson style set up: seperate amps for clean, crunch and lead or between say a Joe Bonnamassa style set up: several amps together set up in specific combos which woudl you choose??

Im not asking if you'd rather have Eric or Joe's set up or clones of them but what do you find more useful...the A, B, C, clean, dirty, lead set up or the layer different amps at the same time for a fuller tone set up??

2. jezzzz2003

jezzzz2003 Member

Probarbly a Vibroverb, a twin and a metal panel Marshall but I could do just the twin n Marshall

3. doc

doc Member

It would depend heavily on what the overall situation was. I rarely use more than one amp at a time, but if I was working with a huge budget playing big venues I'd probably be using something of a hybrid between the two but using smaller amps than they do. Since I'm never in that situation I don't really know, but my approach would be the same as it is currently - try to mate the amps to the sounds I'm going for given the budget and venue limits, and try various combinations using what I've learned so far about tone and how its produced. I suspect in the end I'd be doing more Johnson setup live and a Bonamassa setup in the studio.

4. AdamLee

AdamLee Member

A POD................................................................ ah just kidding :)

5. Joe Boy

Joe Boy Member

I'll take Eric Johnson for half a mill Pat..:BEER

6. big mike

big mike Administrator Staff Member

Probably Joe's approach. i never run THAT clean, and ride the volume control anyway. I like the feeling of 2 amps going.

Either would be find, feel free to send me the rigs. LOL