Which Eminence speakers for Port City 2X12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by empty71, Aug 21, 2008.

1. empty71

empty71 Member

I'm about to bite the bullet on a 2X12 Port City cab and am sold on Eminence speakers.

I love the Tonker and would like something from the Patriots like the RWB to match the Tonker. Or should I just go with a pair of Tonkers. I'll need the speakers to rated pretty high as I'll be using them for different applications.

Any experience or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. TDavis

TDavis Member

I've have a C-Rex in my PC 2x12 standard, paired up with a Scumback H75-65. I've tried the C-Rex with a couple different combinations and it "teams up" well with what I've throwed at it, i.e. (Weber Blue Dog; Silver Bell both 50w 16ohm) and even another C-Rex. Very smooth, balanced speakers,IMHO.

3. empty71

empty71 Member

4. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

Private Jacks, my answer for everything. If you are gonna try the Eminence line, you have to try these. Thay are by far my favorite Eminence.

5. TDavis

TDavis Member

You're welcome! Jamison 162 has most likely tried more in the Eminence line, than I have so I'd pick his brain about what "tone" you're looking for to match up with your tastes, amp and guitar.
    I was looking for exactly what the C-Rex's "deliver" so it was a no-brainer for me!