• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

which EQ do you recomend?

ninjaaron

Hey, some of you probably know me from HCFX. I've certianly heard about you. anyway, I'm wondering what the prefered EQ around here is.

Briggs

You'd need to define your desired tone too - Metal? Heavy Rock? Country?

I find that one of these is a nice start.

ninjaaron

You'd need to define your desired tone too - Metal? Heavy Rock? Country?

I find that one of these is a nice start.
I play rock, and I want to use it mostly as a boost for solos. Prolly cut some of the highest highs, and boost the mids.

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
I get a LOT of use out of my Carl Martin parametric EQ. First function is as an acoustic guitar pre-amp, but I use it on a digital piano, as a DI for a direct rig, and its audio quality is certainly good enough for voice. Very useful, built like a tank and very handy with 1/4" and XLR outs.

jw112

if you are just toying with the idea of using eq i suggest the Dano Fish n chips.

i have a few laying around that i use in loops to eq individual pedals to my liking

I have the mxr 10 band and it is a great eq pedal...I also have a couple boss ge7's and they are decent, a bit noisy if you use the pedal as a boost...but the mxr 10 band is the ****!!!

johndara

I find the Cleanness pedal from Dr. Scientist to be one of the best for eq pedals. Plus it has a seperate volume control for boosting overall levels.

I'm using the MXR 6 band. It's effective and quiet. It colors the sound a wee bit, but for me the trade off is worth it. It boost my highs and overall volume as I lose a lot of signal in long cables and a variety of effects.

jfromel

If you are looking for something with a boost function for solo's, Shape EQ will not cut it, nor will an MDEQ. I would reccommend a Sea Blue EQ from BJFE.

Trending Topics