Which female artist would you collaborate with? (No objectifying welcome here…)

Serious Poo

Powered by Coffee
Platinum Supporting Member
Liz Phair
Tanya Donnelly
Sharon Den Adel
Anneke Van Giersbergen

I would love to work with these singers, and their voices & musical approach would be perfect for the type of music I write.

Dashface

I think there are lots that my style of playing and collaborating would work well with - I would probably fit in very nicely in Sheryl Crow's band, for example... But I think the most interesting and challenging collaboration would be PJ Harvey.

troyguitar

I want to hear Mariah Carey singing hair metal - or really any great higher-pitched female r&b/gospel singer doing melodic rock/metal stuff. Very few seem to have any interest even though they tend to sound better on average than the guys who sing in about the same high registers. It seems like it would be an easier field to break into as well, though with a smaller overall audience. A woman who would be just one of thousands of good but "unremarkable" pop singers could almost single-handedly jump up to the top of many heavier (sub)genres.

CDP

Rihanna.
She really rocks, she really reggaes, she really R&B's (if those are real words) and really commands the stage.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
Same answer as in the other thread, which I chose to not go down the same "girlfriend" angle.

Phoebe Bridgers. She's got an incredible voice and writes great songs and lyrics. Her music is pretty stripped down too, so it would be a huge challenge to try and add little touches to reinforce without distracting. But that transition from being the darling at indie clubs to headlining large venues and then settling into a long and successful career, that's fascinating to me.

GGinMP

Gold Supporting Member
I'm not worthy, but it would be an honor to work with Jenny Lewis. Elvis worked with her, so that's serious cred.

hw2nw

Silver Supporting Member
I would die to write with Aimee Mann, Sheryl Crow, or Lori McKenna.

Trending Topics