• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

which female vocalists do you like?

Jaguar

And that was said about the "hard rock" phenomenon of the very high pitched male vocalist when it first started. The higher tone (almost feminine like, think Robert Plant) was said to cut through the other instrumental sounds like distorted guitars better than a voice with a lower pitch.
Makes me think in that vain of Perry Farrell as well (Janes Addiction).

Last edited:

handtrix

Whitney Houston
613.jpg

It is not that she was liked, and without focusing on range and her beautifully toned voice, IMHO she had the best vibrato in the business. Near perfection to bending and holding notes as it was with her choice of notes. She could hold a single note and make it sound like a million dollars; gold plated and diamond studded.
She was Special alright.

PRW

Brenda Lee, Patsy Cline, Karen Carpenter, Helen Forrest, Doris Day, Aretha, Adele, Connie Smith, Ella F., Linda Ronstadt, Annie Lennox, Dusty Springfield, Lee Wiley, Ann Wilson, Judy Garland, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Emmylou H., Sarah Vaughan, Mahalia Jackson, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Edith Piaf, Etta James, Dolly Parton, Cass Elliott, Rosemary Clooney, Peggy Lee ... I'm a sucker for female vocalists and I could sit here all day and name names. Impossible to narrow down to a few.

RolandKorg

Silver Supporting Member
1 Kate Bush
2 Sade
3 Esthero
4 Pat Benatar
5 Chaka Khan
6 Karen Carpenter
7 Ella Fitzgerald
8 Billie Ray Martin
9 Roisin Murphy
10 Ann Wilson / Renata Scotto / Grace Jones / Dusty Springfield / Annie Lennox / Madonna / ...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom