Which first, Echolution 2D or Rototron?

Which 1st, Echolution 2D or Rototron?

• Echolution 2D

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Rototron

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

TP Parter

Haven't played much the past few years, and I'm going to put together my pedal board again. I got the Rototron on SDOTD a cpl years ago to replace my ailing Chopper for rotary/panning fx, but never set it up on my board.

I'm thinking Rototron 1st, but then again the idea of Echorec/Echoplex emulations into the Leslie sim sounds sick too.

muffinman

Gold Supporting Member
Doesn’t the Echolution have stereo in? Thought it did, if so and you’re running stereo, then definitely Rototron into Echolution, otherwise whatever floats your boat, eh

TP Parter

I'm just thinking whether or not I want to mimic a tape echo into a rotary speaker or vibe into a tape echo more to start. I am sure things will get swapped at some point.

jcoriha

If you are thinking standard Echorec/Leslie with them, Gilmour sound style, I would think Echo-Roto. If you are going for more UniVibe/Echo I would go Roto-Echo. I would go with the 1st, but I prefer flange/phase pre-echo, and rotary doppler effects post. Univibe style sounds have never been my jam, just because my modulation sweeping sounds to be more metallic, my tremolo ( VOL) to be HARD chop, and my vibrato ( PITCH) to be at the very start of the chain (pre Compression/Gain).

Trending Topics