Which Fluke Bench Multimeter?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Nolatone Ampworks, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Nolatone Ampworks

Nolatone Ampworks Silver Supporting Member

Hey folks,

There are so danged many different models of the Fluke meters. I'm wanting to buy a used bench meter so I can set one up for current measurements and one (my Fluke 77) for voltage measurements.

What is a recommended model that has what I need for amp work, and not a lot I DON'T need?

I'm concerned about the ultra old ones due to need for calibration. How often does a multimeter need calibrating, BTW?

Thanks,

Paul

2. SatelliteAmps

SatelliteAmps Member

Try an 8010A for a Fluke Bench Meter, or the 8012. Both decent and cheap. Can be battery powered or plugged into the wall. Similar in details to the 77.

3. Nolatone Ampworks

Looking at the picture, I wondered if this one gives me enough digits for readout. I need 3 digits to the left of the decimal. Does it give that, and I guess it leaves one digit to the right, which I presume is adequate?

Thanks,

Paul

4. guitarsnguns04

guitarsnguns04 Member

I use a fluke 77...or a fileldpice

5. Nolatone Ampworks

Yep, I have a Fluke 77. I want to have two, one for current readings and one for voltage readings due to the "spectacular" results that can occur if you forget to switch from voltage reading settings to current reading settings!

I just won this for $11.11:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330203540221&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=014

Looks a bit older, but should work well, and can't beat the price!