• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Which Foo Fighter wins the cools guitar award?

Arewenotmen?

So after seeing the Foo Fighters last Friday night, I have to designate Pat Smear as the winner of the cool guitar award. While Dave Grohl played his signature Pelham Blue Trini Lopez model (along with a black Trini on the last song), a black Explorer, and white Deusemburg (!), Smear rocked a:

-Jeff Tweedy Signature SG, Pelham Blue
-Inverness Green SG with Tweedy specs (white pickguard, etc).
-Gold SG Custom
-Red SG w/ P-90s
-Something that looked like an Electrical Guitar Company guitar, in cobalt blue
-Black Hagstrom of a model unknown to me.

Go Pat!

Does anyone have any info on the EGC or Hagstrom guitars he plays?

ScottySevins

Pat actually got a mighty mite baritone neck for one of his hag's and that's heard all opposer the new album. I saw the foos when they were in Philly back in November and they effin killed. Didn't see Dave with a explorer tho, he was rockin a firebird studio in black for stacked actors. I saw them the last 2 tours and was in the pit. They are by far the best live band I've ever seen. I can't freakin wait to see them again. They said something about playing the electric factory when they were in Philly. Maybe well get a treat. Ths is if I could even get tickets

ScottySevins

no kiddin i believe it he was really into them back in the day, and played one of those triple pick up sg customs for a long while. I think that is one band that everyone has really cool guitars in their own right

HyakuShiki

Personally, Chris wins for me. I've seen him playing:

A pretty cool, mirror-guard Flying V
A DAMN cool Les Paul Custom that's faded to a cream white
A sick Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe
Another DAMN cool Explorer in black/white.

Not to mention he's an awesome player.

jimbugg

Silver Supporting Member
Man, Dave's Pelham Blue Trinis are some of the coolest guitars out there, IMO

Arewenotmen?

Chris Schiflett usually plays a nice stable too.
Yeah, I was a little disappointed that he only played two guitars all night (which is kind of cool in a way, but not so much for gear-spotting). He had the above pictured Les Paul for only a few songs and a white tele for the bulk of the night -- probably his signature model.

Fenderkid67

does anyone find it interesting that anytime a artist gets a guitar built from Warmoth Parts, fender comes in and says "hey lets make you a signature." ie Schiflett, and the sonic youth boys.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
Personally, Chris wins for me. I've seen him playing:

A pretty cool, mirror-guard Flying V
A DAMN cool Les Paul Custom that's faded to a cream white
A sick Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe
Another DAMN cool Explorer in black/white.

Not to mention he's an awesome player.
I agree with the exception of the V... Never liked those at all. I want a Shiftycaster.

CS is a good player... I want that job if he ever leaves the Foo!

saneff

I agree with the exception of the V... Never liked those at all. I want a Shiftycaster.

CS is a good player... I want that job if he ever leaves the Foo!
Is there a better guitar player's job anywhere in the world than the gig CS has?

Braunzo

I assume you saw them at Midtown Music, OP?

I was there and I agree, Pat had the cool guitars of the evening by far.

Chris pretty much just played his new Tele for all the standard stuff and the Les Paul for the Drop D stuff.

I'm not big FF fan, but they put on a hell of a show and were generally entertaining. I think Pearl Jam stole the whole festival followed right behind Garbage. FF probably winding up being in third for the whole festival.

83stratman

Silver Supporting Member
I actually can't think of any other sig that started out as a Warmoth parts o caster. Please fill me in.

does anyone find it interesting that anytime a artist gets a guitar built from Warmoth Parts, fender comes in and says "hey lets make you a signature." ie Schiflett, and the sonic youth boys.

pir8matt

Sonic Youths Jags and Jazzys were all real current or vintage pieces, at least until a whole bunch of them were stolen:

Whoa now that's crazy - I was just looking for an old-ass article about that, and just YESTERDAY an article ran about them ending up getting them back! Synchronicity!

http://www.spin.com/articles/sonic-youth-get-stolen-guitars-back-13-years-later

Here was the original 'stolen gear' post:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/alt.music.sonic-youth/F5SIubXuIzE

Trending Topics