Which Good Volume Pedal Do You Recommend me?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DaniStrato, Apr 20, 2015.

1. DaniStrato

DaniStrato Member

well it has been 4 years since i bought my Ernie Ball VP JR but now i started to noticed a rare sound when i push the pedal up...like a broken cable and secondly because i am really starting to think that string it is not a good and reliable thing...mostly on day after day use when i began to tour with the band in which I am.

i had played 3 days a week during all the year in the last 4 years, but i think it is time to buy a different volume pedal.

i do care about pedalboard friendly size volume pedal...so i was thinking on the new Boss FV-30L or maybe a Dunlop Volume X but well as you know more than me i would like to hear any suggestion.

looking for a passive pedal and my budget is 140$. i do a lot of swells and the volume pedal is for me a super essential and super important part of my playing...to let it clear i never play live without a volume pedal...so i need a very good one.

Thanks Beforehand.

2. hybridrocknroll

hybridrocknroll Member

I asked this same question on FB the other day. Had a lot of positive feedback for the Dunlop Volume X. Decided to order one yesterday, hope to have it in by Friday.

3. bluflames

bluflames Member

You could also take your volume pedal to a tech and have them replace the potentiometer with a high quality one for a lot less money.

Or, for teh toanz you could make it an active volume pedal... something like a jfet/bjt/mosfet/germanium/major boost where you have the rocker in the middle position most of the time but then you step on it and boom goes the dynamite

4. BetterMeThanYou

BetterMeThanYou Member

Yeah seriously keep the volume jr but just replace and/or mod it

5. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

Dunlop DVP Series or Boss FV500
    Both built like tanks.

Forget about the Ernie Ball, unless you want to have it repaired every 12 months for the rest of your life.

6. Eliguitar

Eliguitar Member

Dunlop X is my favorite. Sturdy, smooth,... Love the size of the boss fv30, hate the feel and sweep.

7. Musicmaster

Musicmaster Supporting Member

8. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

Indeed. :)

9. teleman1

teleman1 Supporting Member

10. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

Hilton

I read your "requirements".

Believe me, once you use a Hilton, your search for the perfect volume pedal will cease.

11. jordane93

jordane93 Member

12. DaniStrato

DaniStrato Member

ok i gave another chance to the VP Jr but after 1 month a something it became just not usable..mostly when i use high gain distortion pedals because produce a crackling sound and this is not acceptable..i dont know but i cannot play with my faithful VP Jr anymore in that condition.

i saw that you mention that i could replace the poor pots for a high quality ones but i dont want to do that replace them every year..mmm maybe should i buy another VP Jr or the Dunlop Volume X? the only thing that i dont like about de dunlop one is that someone told me that it does not stay in the low postition, i mean you put it in the low position but it rises up automatically, is this true?

at this moment i dont know what to do XD, i need to decide because i cannot play without a volume pedal