Which guitar and amp should I buy?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by phild, Feb 14, 2009.

1. phild

phild Member

I also might need some effects to get the sound I'm really going for but just to let you know it's gotta sound better than any other gutar and amp out there anywhere - period. I mean you know that sound that makes you want to just freak out and scream and stuff, you know?

See I'm thinking of starting this band that's just gonna be totaly awesome. Even beter then Iggy Malmsteen - man can he play gutar or wat? and I know a guy whos learning the base - but get this - he know's neal pert's brother inlaw's friend and he could play the drums for us - man it will be sooooo cooool! Then alls I got to do is find the perfect singer that can scream like nobody's busness - but that shouldnt be hard once peeple here us play. (also if anyone has roger plant's phone number - please please please send it to me.)

And don't worry, when I get a record deal I will make sure and thank everyone who gives me some helpfull advise here. THAT'S RIGHT YOUR NAME COULD BE ON MY CD!

Anyways the guitar and amp have to be less than $100. But it also has to sound Killer!!!

Thanks a cajillion!

2. Drifting

Drifting Member

Well, for starters, guitars with strings seem to sound the best.

Amps that have speakers get me going too.

3. rob2001

rob2001 Member

Amps and guitars don't matter but you have to have one of those short curly cords. Otherwise, like driting said... strings + speakers.......and a curly cord =:dude and then :bow

:D:D:D:D

4. torgeot

torgeot Member

:dudewell make sure your amp don't have any of those damn tube thingy's in them. Man, they can be inconsistent. And you surely don't wanna have to worry about changing them once they start to go. Those damn tubes also get warm. Maybe a Crate solid state amp is best

guitars are over rated... as long as they have strings I agree with the other guys... oh man the curly cord is the best:RoCkIn:bong:messedup

5. RocksOff

RocksOff Member

6. semore butts

semore butts Member

If your not platinum in a few months hang it up and become a CEO of a fortune 100 company or something like that.

I mean, keep things in perspective is all I'm sayin.

7. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

All I have to say is 1 word:

Esteban

8. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

Get a Gibson Les Paul, and a Fender Telecaster. Don't go for efx for a while.

9. blownirocz

blownirocz Suppoutin' Memba Since Dem Oud Dayz... Silver Supporting Member

Listen bro...you're goin' about this all wrong. Everyone "in the know", knows all that silliness about guitars, amps, cords, effects, singers, "base" players, don't got nothin' to do with makin' good moozic.

All you needs, is one of these kick arse Aces Froley costumes!

[​IMG]

10. TieDyedDevil

TieDyedDevil Member

You've come to the right place. $100 for a guitar and amp, no problem. The effects and accessories will make your sound. Pay particular attention to your cable. Spare no expense. And for gawds sake make sure you plug in the cable the right way `round!

BTW, how's your credit score?