• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Which guitar do you mst reget selling?

El Kabong

Mine was a '72 1954 Les Paul imited reissue Black Beauty. I bought it for $450 and then had to sell it to buy car insunance 3 moths later when I was 17, albeit for a profit. It still haunts me 20 years later.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
I think mine is a black '92 Ibanez Voyager-- yes, the Reb Beach model. It was a kind of odd looking instrument, but the neck was a joy to play, and the pick ups were remarkably versatile.

smorgdonkey

Mine was a '72 1954 Les Paul imited reissue Black Beauty. I bought it for $450 and then had to sell it to buy car insunance 3 moths later when I was 17, albeit for a profit. It still haunts me 20 years later.
No wonder!! It makes me feel a little guilty even mentioning the Takamine 400s 12 string that I sold/traded back in 1994.

pedalbored

A 1980 Les Paul Custom in Silverburst with the crank tuners, and in pristine condition. I bought it from a friend for $400 in 1998, and sold it a couple of years later for $600 to Music Go Round. I was pissed because I didn't nail a audition and felt like a failure, so I sold all my gear that day.

alanbass1

Back in '87 I bought a Zemaitis Metal top from the man himself (he lived in Chatham Kent). I took a guitar round for a fret job and saw this guitar on his sofa which was one of his standard models with the half engraving which someone was trading in for a deluxe metal top with full engraving, fancy fingerboard inlays and the like. He let me buy the guitar for £500 and I still have a copy of the photo his wife took of me standing next to him holding the guitar. It was really nice; played and sounded great, and it was obvious he used minimal electric tools due to the chisle marks in the routing etc.

Three years later I swapped it for a PRS and thought I got a great deal.....

LVC

This one really hurts

"1959" LP Burst -- Needed top raise cash when I went to College .... sold it back in 1974

MGT

Back in '84 I had an Ibanez Artist (traded the incredibly heavy solid body one for a semi-hollow) that felt & sounded amazing. I traded it in for a super-strat style guitar that more suited the hair metal of that time period. As a poor 20 year old student, I couldn't afford both.

I gave up on music for quite a while after getting married, having kids, etc and couldn't believe how much that Ibanez would be worth now (saw the price on the almost identical Scofield model). And I gave up a guitar that would have been perfect for me so I could have that Dimarzio superdistortion humbucker!

Hackubus

I had to trade in my 1989 Gibson Explorer in to fund an amplifier & a LP Custom back in my early college years. I bought the Explorer when I was 16 with my Christmas money. I should have found a way around trading it in, that's really the only guitar I've ever regretted getting rid of.

BMF Effects

Great tone made simple.
From a monetary standpoint -
Cunetto Nocaster
'63 sunburst Strat
Very early US '57ri black Strat
'69 small headstock Les Paul gold top
Very early MIJ '57ri hardtail CAR Strat

From a personal standpoint -
Cunetto Nocaster
Very early MIJ paisley Tele reissue
'76 Gibson Explorer
MIJ '62 Strat/partscaster with what I now believe were early 60's pickups. :jo

Samba

I had a Maton acoustic with a wonderfully figured Queensland Maple back. Traded it for some silly pedal effects unit thing that was gone within a month or so. It was a fairly tight sounding guitar, so I'd love to hear how she opened up over time. Grrr.

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
I sold my great Travis Bean in the late 80's for $450.

rooster

Traded in a 1984 Schecter quilted maple Strat with a maple neck/board and monstertone pickups for a 1980 BC Rich USA Mockingbird. I also sold the 'bird a few years later, kinda miss it a bit, but I really miss the Schecter.

rooster.

iaresee

Silver Supporting Member
Similar situation: young, eager to acquire new gear, caved to parental pressure to only have one guitar. And now to this day I regret very much selling that Ibanez UV777GR. It was about '94 I think. My wife recently dug up a picture of me with it. I got a little teary.

If anyone has one they'd want to sell let me know. It's the green bodied 7-string UV with the maple neck and maple board I'm after.

ReddRanger

'57 RI Strat in two tone sunburst. I loved it every time I opened it's tweed case. It was a sweet guitar.

Trending Topics