Which guitar do you mst reget selling?

El Kabong

Mine was a '72 1954 Les Paul imited reissue Black Beauty. I bought it for $450 and then had to sell it to buy car insunance 3 moths later when I was 17, albeit for a profit. It still haunts me 20 years later.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
I think mine is a black '92 Ibanez Voyager-- yes, the Reb Beach model. It was a kind of odd looking instrument, but the neck was a joy to play, and the pick ups were remarkably versatile.

smorgdonkey

Mine was a '72 1954 Les Paul imited reissue Black Beauty. I bought it for $450 and then had to sell it to buy car insunance 3 moths later when I was 17, albeit for a profit. It still haunts me 20 years later.
No wonder!! It makes me feel a little guilty even mentioning the Takamine 400s 12 string that I sold/traded back in 1994.

pedalbored

A 1980 Les Paul Custom in Silverburst with the crank tuners, and in pristine condition. I bought it from a friend for $400 in 1998, and sold it a couple of years later for $600 to Music Go Round. I was pissed because I didn't nail a audition and felt like a failure, so I sold all my gear that day.

alanbass1

Back in '87 I bought a Zemaitis Metal top from the man himself (he lived in Chatham Kent). I took a guitar round for a fret job and saw this guitar on his sofa which was one of his standard models with the half engraving which someone was trading in for a deluxe metal top with full engraving, fancy fingerboard inlays and the like. He let me buy the guitar for £500 and I still have a copy of the photo his wife took of me standing next to him holding the guitar. It was really nice; played and sounded great, and it was obvious he used minimal electric tools due to the chisle marks in the routing etc.

Three years later I swapped it for a PRS and thought I got a great deal.....

LVC

This one really hurts

"1959" LP Burst -- Needed top raise cash when I went to College .... sold it back in 1974

MGT

Back in '84 I had an Ibanez Artist (traded the incredibly heavy solid body one for a semi-hollow) that felt & sounded amazing. I traded it in for a super-strat style guitar that more suited the hair metal of that time period. As a poor 20 year old student, I couldn't afford both.

I gave up on music for quite a while after getting married, having kids, etc and couldn't believe how much that Ibanez would be worth now (saw the price on the almost identical Scofield model). And I gave up a guitar that would have been perfect for me so I could have that Dimarzio superdistortion humbucker!

Hackubus

I had to trade in my 1989 Gibson Explorer in to fund an amplifier & a LP Custom back in my early college years. I bought the Explorer when I was 16 with my Christmas money. I should have found a way around trading it in, that's really the only guitar I've ever regretted getting rid of.

BMF Effects

Great tone made simple.
Gold Supporting Member
From a monetary standpoint -
Cunetto Nocaster
'63 sunburst Strat
Very early US '57ri black Strat
'69 small headstock Les Paul gold top
Very early MIJ '57ri hardtail CAR Strat

From a personal standpoint -
Cunetto Nocaster
Very early MIJ paisley Tele reissue
'76 Gibson Explorer
MIJ '62 Strat/partscaster with what I now believe were early 60's pickups. :jo

Samba

I had a Maton acoustic with a wonderfully figured Queensland Maple back. Traded it for some silly pedal effects unit thing that was gone within a month or so. It was a fairly tight sounding guitar, so I'd love to hear how she opened up over time. Grrr.
confused8cc9.gif

matonfa9.jpg

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
I sold my great Travis Bean in the late 80's for $450.

rooster

Traded in a 1984 Schecter quilted maple Strat with a maple neck/board and monstertone pickups for a 1980 BC Rich USA Mockingbird. I also sold the 'bird a few years later, kinda miss it a bit, but I really miss the Schecter.

rooster.

iaresee

Similar situation: young, eager to acquire new gear, caved to parental pressure to only have one guitar. And now to this day I regret very much selling that Ibanez UV777GR. It was about '94 I think. My wife recently dug up a picture of me with it. I got a little teary.

If anyone has one they'd want to sell let me know. It's the green bodied 7-string UV with the maple neck and maple board I'm after.

ReddRanger

'57 RI Strat in two tone sunburst. I loved it every time I opened it's tweed case. It was a sweet guitar.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom