Which guitar looks cool hanging above the waist?

RDerek59

I'm looking for something new to maybe start gigging with a new band. I have an SG and a Strat. Any other guitars that look cool not hanging so low (near or above the waist). I can't play well with guitars hanging low.

eflatminor

Don't know...or care...about how they look, but every guitar plays better up above the waist. The angle is far more conducive to effective hand positioning.

I get "slung way down low" is the preferred approach that works for many guys, so whatever works for you.

ScottySevins

Jackson dkmg with the reverse headstock. This one band that won battle for ozzfest years ago A Dozen Furys the one guitar player mark rocked one and looked really bad ass on the second stage. S much so that I had to buy one. It was a killer fiddle to btw. Wish I never sold it but at the time I was going through a pedal bender and needed to cash to fund the habit ;)

WKG

Silver Supporting Member
I'm looking for something new to maybe start gigging with a new band. I have an SG and a Strat. Any other guitars that look cool not hanging so low (near or above the waist). I can't play well with guitars hanging low.

Whatever you play it will look the coolest hanging where you feel the most comfortable and play the best.

If you need more cool than that find a mirror and practice your poses. :)

Rumble

Instrumental Rocker
Gold Supporting Member
Not sure I agree with the orangutan look on the right. Gits can be too high, but too low looks just as bad. Maybe somewhere in the middle, lol.

Trending Topics