Which Guitar out of These 2 Would You Chose

Which Guitar Would You Chose

• Ibanez Gold Prestige Limited Edition for $1,500 (Used)

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • ESP E-II ST-1 for $850 (Used)

Votes: 22 52.4%

• Total voters

BaliGod

Silver Supporting Member
The Ibanez AZ thread is making me want an AZ mind you have about 6 Strat style guitars and 2 Les Pauls so this not a need issue. Just looking at add another guitar.

I know nothing about either and have to order by mail so chance to audition. ESP E-IIs blow me away in playability and workmanship, but I also have a lesser Ibanez RG620QM I paid $630 for that I like perhaps as much as my Suhr Modern for a 1/3 of the price.

Is there anything special about this AZ2204 Gold Prestige Limited Edition other than the color?

Does anyone have first hand experience with the ST-1. Love my E-II Horizon and I can get the ST-1 for about 1/2 the price of the AZ.

86a1258d-6f4e-40a3-b3ad-25f3a7d58b4d (1).jpg
2a760941-36e3-46df-b21e-0b3f93b98db4.jpg
5f946c59-f649-40a7-b07e-914922b23318.jpg
144c8653-e9cf-4d85-ae32-4ef329ec1f61.jpg

seward

Silver Supporting Member
If there's a mid/high-end mainstream builder who challenges Ibanez Prestige for quality and teh brutez, it's ESP E-II. I hope I own another one some day.

HERSCHEL

Silver Supporting Member
I detest goldtop guitars and love E-IIs so the ESP would be an easy choice for me.

Scordare

I prefer Floyds..but the stainless frets in the AZ are a big plus. The Ibanez also has SD pickups and a nice Gotoh trem with titanium saddles...that would my choice.

BigDoug1053

Gold Supporting Member
Either one will be a quality guitar. The AZ will take more adjustment to get really low action. I'll bet the ESP is already there with a flat fretboard.

Mangy71

Silver Supporting Member
The Ibanez AZ thread is making me want an AZ mind you have about 6 Strat style guitars and 2 Les Pauls so this not a need issue. Just looking at add another guitar.

I know nothing about either and have to order by mail so chance to audition. ESP E-IIs blow me away in playability and workmanship, but I also have a lesser Ibanez RG620QM I paid $630 for that I like perhaps as much as my Suhr Modern for a 1/3 of the price.

Is there anything special about this AZ2204 Gold Prestige Limited Edition other than the color?

Does anyone have first hand experience with the ST-1. Love my E-II Horizon and I can get the ST-1 for about 1/2 the price of the AZ.

View attachment 485704 View attachment 485705 View attachment 485706 View attachment 485707

Those are both great guitars, and it really does come down to personal preference, how much you want to spend, and whether you want a locking trem or not.

I think the gold AZ is exactly the same as the ice blue AZ other than the color. They didn't sell the gold in the US AFAIK, so they might be worth more here. I think $1500 is a good price for it. I would just replace the ugly pickguard with parchment and be good to go.

BMW-KTM

Not a terribly big fan of gold tops but it's hard to fault the Prestige line so I picked that one.

Gclef

I prefer the esp.

The az pickguard looks dumb when they stop it so short of the horn end.

Ozone Baby

Of those two choices I'd go with the ESP because if I'm going to have a floating bridge, I'd rather have a Floyd.
It also looks cooler to me.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom