Which Guitar Solo of the late 1980s Did You Really Think Was Cool?

I'm more into rhythm guitar than lead guitar solos. Also I've never really been into the shreddy stuff much, especially late 1980s. I feel like most of them are just stuck on replicating Eddie Van Halen's Eruption from 1978. I like Eruption but the rest, umm...yeah well...

I guess my pick for this timeframe would be Kirk Hammett's solos in Metallica's One (1988):

Alchemist XP

"Slippery When Wet" (1986) had some great guitar on it ... "Wanted Dead or Alive" was pretty notable.
"Appetite for Destruction" (1987) and "Sweet Child of Mine" was pretty standout

Tweaked

I'm more into rhythm guitar than lead guitar solos. Also I've never really been into the shreddy stuff much, especially late 1980s. I feel like most of them are just stuck on replicating Eddie Van Halen's Eruption from 1978. I like Eruption but the rest, umm...yeah well...

I guess my pick for this timeframe would be Kirk Hammett's solos in Metallica's One (1988):

100% agree with this. Anything from AJFA Kirk Hammett’s finest solo work on that album. Still sends chills down my spine

justjames

Crazy Train and Hot For Teacher came to mind right away. But after a little thought I added one I think most people are not familiar with. It was a local band named WhiteCross (Christian Metal) and a song from 1987 called Nagasaki. it was their version of Eruption. I think I wore that track out listening to it over and over again.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom