Which Guitar Stand for offset body instrument like a Jazz Bass?

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
What are you guys using as a gig-worthy guitar stand for your offset-body instruments like a Jazz basd?

fuzz_factor

Silver Supporting Member
Are the Hercules stands like this one acceptable:

amazon.com/Hercules-GS414B-G-Guitar-Stand/dp/B000EEHKVY

I have Hercule's single and three guitar stands. Both adjust tall enough for bass (including my American Std Jazz). The three-guitar stand still feels pretty stable for guitars even at bass height.

CAVEAT: I am a basement player. I don't know how they'd hold up on a gig. I have owned them for over five years and they've been great. I do have three cats and a 50 lb. dog who loves to bang around and chase the light reflecting off my tuning keys when I'm playing. So far, those stands have help up under those conditions. I think it would be hard to knock one over, but mine have not been subjected to drunks getting on stage... :cool:

EDIT: TGP is automatically converting an Amazon link into some kind of MEDIA tag and it's not showing up for me so I pasted the link as text.

Multicellular

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Spacehead_

I find my jazz bass gets me through the whole gig easily so I don't need a stand. At home I use a normal guitar stand and have the bass just sit slightly crooked

Eldorado

Silver Supporting Member
Ultimate Support GS1000 is a good stand, I have several that are nearing 10 years of use with no failures. They work fine for all of my guitars and basses.

Melj

Just remember that the Hercules stands can unexpectedly disintegrate around the height adjusting mechanism, and they can mark white nitro instruments.

walterw

Just remember that the Hercules stands can unexpectedly disintegrate around the height adjusting mechanism, and they can mark white nitro instruments.
they had a bad run of older ones that did that, but will happily replace them under warranty and the new ones don't have that problem. the problem was that the plastic housing would start to degrade over the years, getting soft and sticky. (that's your tell that it has a problem, the trigger handle starts to get sticky.)

as for marking nitro, i haven't run into that; they're much safer than the old yellow surgical rubber, that stuff ruins nitro right away. just using them at gigs and stuff i see no markings after a decade plus on both my R8 and my AV62 tele, both nitro.

i suppose if you were gonna leave a guitar hanging on it all day and all night at home, a bit of cotton cloth between the top hook and a nitro guitar might be prudent.

Last edited:

RustyAxe

Ultimate Support GS100 ... I use two of 'em every gig for my Jazz, Precision basses, acoustic guitars, whatever. The Ultimate folds smaller than the Herc, has no mechanical part (springs, and other unnecessary crap), and hold up to weekly gigging. I had a Hercules double, and the flipper assembly fell apart. Hercules offered me no support to replace a simple part that went missing. I wouldn't buy another Herc with YOUR money ... ;)

Melj

My local store uses Hercules. After having to discount a few guitars, any light coloured ones now have cloth between guitar and stand.

walterw

I had a Hercules double, and the flipper assembly fell apart. Hercules offered me no support to replace a simple part that went missing.
weird, you should have been able to just email them pics of the break and of your receipt and gotten a free replacement.

walterw

My local store uses Hercules. After having to discount a few guitars, any light coloured ones now have cloth between guitar and stand.
we definitely keep cotton cloth on all the nitro guitars hanging in our store for just this reason.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom