Which hum/sing/sing pickup set is the most versatile and has the sweetest sound?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nosajwp, Jul 15, 2008.

1. nosajwp

nosajwp Member

Like the title says...do you guys know of any hum/sing/sing pickup combinations that have a wide variety of sounds and a really sweet tone?

2. nosajwp

nosajwp Member

3. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

The toughest part of this equation to work out is finding a humbucker that splits to single coil and blends well with position 2 (bridge+middle). I've been through several combinations of pickups for a H/S/S configuration and the best I've found so far is a combination of Lindy Fralin pickups - Lindy Fralin Unbucker PAF & Lindy Fraliin Real 54's

4. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Not a popular choice around here but I think my Lace Hot Gold (n + m) and 6k/6k Dually (bridge- with north/both/south switch) setup RULES.
    Greg

5. nosajwp

nosajwp Member

Anyone have experience with a Lollar Imperial bridge and two Lollar Specials in the middle and neck positions? I emailed Jason yesterday, and he seemed to think that this combo would work really well.