which is a better blues amp tworock jet or d13 edt?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by raildog, Mar 1, 2008.

1. raildog

raildog Member

which is more suited for blues music with a strat? the jet or the edt13/29, also just tell me your favorite blues amp.I am talking in the style of T-bone Walker and Freddy King. thanks,Scott

2. Sam Cannon

Sam Cannon Member

I have a jet and it's a very nice amp. I think the d/13 is probably great also, can't loose on the picks you've come up with.

good luck

3. monstermike

monstermike Member

For that kind of money? I'd get a late-50's Fender Pro (narrow panel tweed) for the tones you mentioned.

I've never heard the TR or the /13 (unless it's the same thing McCartney's guys were using), so either or both might nail what you're looking for, but for T-bone and Freddy, I'd go vintage.

4. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

I don't think its very blues to play a /13 either. Just my opinion.

Vintage tone = vintage style amps. Tweed time. Bandmaster, Pro, Bassman would all be good choices.

Good luck.

dk

5. raildog

raildog Member

The cj11 just had that tone, that with the roommate was old blues all the way, I wouldn't play a pink amp but to me the d13 amps have a certain vibe and tone that say vintage in there on way. They are outstanding amps, customer service has taken some hit's as far as Fred's attitutude toward customers, to me he probably doesn't have time to ******** with customers,He has always tried to answer my questions, however short his answer might be. Everybody has good and bad days. There was one member who said he had waited for 4 months for a matching cab for his ftr37 that sounds way excessive to me. but that has not been my experience.As far as Tworock goes never played one but the jet would be in my range, but seems like they may be more polite and tame compared to a d13? What has been your experience? Scott

6. frank62

frank62 Member

Fender 57 Twin Amp.

7. DavidH

DavidH Member

Amps i would check out based on what you've said in this and other threads;

Carr Vincent,
    Fender 57 tweed twin or victoria low powered twin,
    Swart SST30,
    SJT10/20 (since you like the D13 feel/sound),
    some brown fenders,such as the headstrong brown vibroverb replica http://www.headstrongamps.com/Page23.html

On a side note,i'm about to order an ext cab for my CJ,though i suspect it maight take a while to get through the UK dealer.

BTW,in my opinion,a HUGE part of why the CJ11 and maybe other D13s sound so good is that the cab sounds frigging amazing,maybe a large part of what you like in the CJ is in fact that D13 cab.The cab on my CJ sounds awesome,fast but woody.So just throwing a different amp head paired with a D13 cab (212F probably)in there aswell.