Which is better-Fulltone drive 2 or the Mosfet version?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by major, Feb 24, 2009.

1. major

major Member

I have the chance to buy a fulldrive 2, 2 versions earier made with compressor(pull up) on the volume control. Seeking to add to my sound with a really good overdrive and looking at this pedal which one sound better to you, the older or the new one?

2. Axekisser

Axekisser Member

I just got a FD 2 from 1998 (comp cut on volume) and have to say that it's a great sounding TS clone. I haven't tried the mosfet but if you're looking for a TS style with a little less "honk" then the FD2 will work.

3. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

they're both good. teh mosfet is good options (FM Vintage COMP cut, all with the option of mosfet or no) but i feel the old ones do teh vintage FM sounds better.... they obvoiusly aren't as flexible as the mosfet version, but they rock. the mosfets are pretty smooth, but not as much character as the old ones.

4. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

I feel the opposite. I don't think the MOSFET adds a ton of additional flexibility, but I think the vintage on the new version sounds much better (more clarity AND bass) and the FM sounds about the same.