Which locking tuners for a Classic 70's strat ?

stephax

Quarter Pounder with Cheese = Royal Cheese
Hey gang,

I'm looking for some locking tuners for my Classic 70.

Not that the originals failed but I'm gettin' more and more pissed with the time spent in changing strings.

I'd really prefer them to have the same shape and the "F" in the back, if possible.

Whatcha sayin' ?

buddastrat

slotted F tuners? All the vintage style, slotted tuners are the fastest, easiest changing. snip and tune. I love them much more than any locking gears. Takes 5 min. to change, stretch and tune.

I had lots of Sperzels and Schallers and while they are easy too. Had issues with the wheels or a pin sticking. I'd always carry a small allen key to pry the pins that would stick. String changes were a pain when they'd stick. Give me the simple, vintage gears any day.

Last edited:

stephax

Quarter Pounder with Cheese = Royal Cheese
slotted F tuners? All the vintage style, slotted tuners are the fastest, easiest changing. snip and tune. I love them much more than any locking gears. Takes 5 min. to change, stretch and tune.

I had lots of Sperzels and Schallers and while they are easy too. Had issues with the wheels or a pin sticking. I'd always carry a small allen key to pry the pins that would stick. String changes were a pain when they'd stick. Give me the simple, vintage gears any day.

Which ones ? Got link ? Cheers !

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Those are not locking tuners, right ? :huh
Nope, vintage-style slotted as buddastrat mentioned above. But I see your strat have that already.

As far as I know, there are no locking tuners in that style and new tuners will require new holes.

onemoretime

Kluson Revolution KFTL-3805CL. It's the only locking tuner that uses the same offset holes as the F logo stamped Fenders you have. Any other tuner is going to leave screw holes showing.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom