Which looper is for me?

I have experience with the Boss RC2, RC20XL and the Infinity looper. From this, I've learned what I like in a looper...

2 tracks that can be easily transitioned between

Mic input a plus

Reverse playback a plus

Saving loops a plus

Does any looper out there have all of this? The most important being the Dual loops which can be easily switched between.
The RC30 looks great, but I don't love that you have to hold down the pedal to switch tracks...I'd rather it be more seamless like the infinity.

I feel like I'm picturing my ideal looper and it doesn't exist...what comes close?

Blue Bee

Yep jamman stereo for sure, its great

Edit: ...oh yea, it doesn't do 2 separate loops but it does have a separate levels/vol for the inputs and of course over dubbing from multiple inputs.

Thanks for the input guys! I will definitely look into the Jam Man. But the 2 track recording is definitely the most important feature to me that I listed, so if it doesn't do that I'd reconsider.

Barring the other features, whice loopes have separate tracks for verse-chorus style looping and preferably save loops, but that's not a must?

Blue Bee

Are you guys gigging with the Infinity? I had the Infinity twice now and it's gone back both times because it never would work correctly even after the updates, much customer support on the phone and footswitch upgrades. It always went haywire when using midi... And build quality on both my units was poor, with crooked LEDs and wobbly usb jacks. My jamman stereo has remained, no quality or functions issues ever, very reliable... I may end back up with another Infinity if they ever get the bugs figured out or revise it to a v2 model (unless someone else would make a dang looper)... But 2 years now and it still doesn't work right out of the box doesn't give me confidence to gig with it.

To op:
The boss rc505 will do what you want, plus a lot of extra stuff you prob don't need. And it's reliable. Also the vox lil looper does two separate loops very well and is super easy to use, just lacks the other features like saving, but it is very reliable.

Loopers I've had:
Boss rc
Boss rc 505
Boomerang
Boomerang 3
Infinity x 2
Jamman
Jamman stereo (still have)
Vox lil looper
M9
Timeline
El cap
.... Still lookin for one that works for me

Last edited:

DaveKS

Thanks for the input guys! I will definitely look into the Jam Man. But the 2 track recording is definitely the most important feature to me that I listed, so if it doesn't do that I'd reconsider.

Barring the other features, whice loopes have separate tracks for verse-chorus style looping and preferably save loops, but that's not a must?
Well JM stereo does chorus/verse of prerecorded stuff but you can use this little FABE to get foot controls of save for doing it live on the fly.

tobereleased

I have an RC30, which has served me well. I've attached an external switch (just a cheap keyboard sustain pedal) which solved the issue of having to hold down a switch to switch tracks.

I have an RC30, which has served me well. I've attached an external switch (just a cheap keyboard sustain pedal) which solved the issue of having to hold down a switch to switch tracks.
I thought of this, but, correct me if I'm wrong...you still can't record track one and two, play only track one, and then switch instantly to only track two playing, correct? You have to tap to stop track one, tap to switch tracks, then tap to play track 2?

What's *not* right about the Infinity that has you looking for something else?
Honestly, it is amazing, and it is just what I want, sans vocal option. The dual tracks are awesome. But I feel, deep down, it is too much for me. I got it in a trade, and I don't have the money to replace it, if something were to happen. I'd like something less fragile, to me personally. I am very tempted to just keep it though...

Is there a small, single pedal sized looper that does vocal looping? Then I could sell my RC-20xl.

tobereleased

I thought of this, but, correct me if I'm wrong...you still can't record track one and two, play only track one, and then switch instantly to only track two playing, correct? You have to tap to stop track one, tap to switch tracks, then tap to play track 2?
Unfortunately you do still have to do that workaround.

Is there a small, single pedal sized looper that does vocal looping? Then I could sell my RC-20xl.
A significant part of why I got the RC30 was the mic input. However, what you could do is just get another small pedal that has an xlr input (like the jhs colourbox, for example), and then you could use any looper you want later in the chain.

Riffrenee

I am a guitarist who has mostly played rhythm and sang in a band. I just started an all female band I am the only guitar player. I have a bass player and a drummer. When i start to solo, the middle sounds empty so I was hoping a looper might be the answer. I have a gr30 and a gr55 the gr55 has a looper but it's really short. I think the drummer would need a click track or headphones? I just am not sure which looper would do the trick. I sure would appreciate your help. And any tips or trick would be appreciated.

bender

JamMan Stereo is the one I have and gave the most options for the money--and it has a click track for other band members.

Info below.

http://digitech.com/en/products/jamman-stereo

Good luck--it's a great pedal and you need to spend a bit of time learning how to use it well (something I still need to work on).

Cheers,

Bender

TheKermitC

indeed it is .. you can even have the click/tempo programmed in the jam manager to a desired value .. for example say 120 bpm ..hence you can even sync your loops in time with other beat synced pedals.....

Trending Topics