• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Which Mercury Magnetics Output Transformer...

Crow

Silver Supporting Member
I picked up a nice Silverface Bandmaster Reverb that I want to turn into a "Super Reverb" head with a switch for 2,4,8 ohms.

Do I want the Mercury Magnetics FBFS-040MM transformer? Not sure which is the current model#. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

jefesq

Gold Supporting Member
Ask them. They love to talk about their products. Spent a half hour on the phone with them one time talking about the Valve Jr. kit and other mods.

LZ_69

That would be the one you're after but it wouldn't hurt to call them and ask about some of the other similar transformers like the ones used in bassman and concerts.

Steelyman

Weber has the transformer you need in 2,4,8 ohm outputs, and is available in the both the Bandmaster Reverb size, and the larger Super Reverb size. Both are significantly less $$ than the MM. I have the smaller one in my Vibroverb clone and the larger one in a Pro Reverb I'm rebuilding. They both sound very good to me.

Trending Topics