• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Which message board for people who like cheap gear?

luv

Just include a "cheap gear" disclosure in all your thread titles and you'll be fine. I'm selling a Suhr Riot because I just picked up two pedals for the price that I'll be able to sell my Riot for. Cheaper pedals.....yeah!

bricel24

Silver Supporting Member
Just include a "cheap gear" disclosure in all your thread titles and you'll be fine.

I'm building a secondary pedal board that will consist of old and decently inexpensive (say NON-BOOTEEK) pedals. When I post it up there will be a prefix of "Non-TGP approved..." in the thread title.

Dale

I'm building a secondary pedal board that will consist of old and decently inexpensive (say NON-BOOTEEK) pedals. When I post it up there will be a prefix of "Non-TGP approved..." in the thread title.

... where upon at least one, and probably more, will respond with <boutique pedal> of some type.

Polyester

This thread makes me want to build the cheapest guitar I can and go jam with it. I'm gonna do it.

Awesome. I built a guitar out of spare parts a few weeks back that has been waiting for an occasion to leave the house. Squier neck, GFS warehouse-sale body, random parts and hardware, chunks of credit cards to shim the neck - but sounds phenomenal. Cost me $25 and some extra pieces from the parts bin. Heck, you're local... want to borrow it to jam in public, let me know. Just make sure someone takes pics or video. :)

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
The majority of my guitars and basses are $500 or less off the store shelf. I love TGP! Welcome, and have fun. More gear for less loot is always something to celebrate.

vortexxxx

Silver Supporting Member
Cheap guitars are generally discussed often here too. People who like them also enjoy reading about guitars at all price points anyway. Many here are guitar fan-addicts.

dedekind

Don't be discouraged. I thought TGP was all high end until I searched and read many threads about delays and realized many people worship Boss delays. I actually got one myself as well. The only thing you need to be careful about, is when you ask recommendations to buy something.. even if you explicitely say that you only want to spend less than X dollars, there's always going to be at least one (and most likely more than one) guy who tells you that you get what you pay for and hence you should get the 3X dollars pedals. But you can ignore those posts :) Most people are actually very nice.

david(j)

Silver Supporting Member
OP,

I migrated over from hc a while ago, before everything over there went weird. To be honest, I like it here a lot more. I've learned a lot, and aside from a few things that I've chosen to ignore, it' been awesome.

I'd say stick around.

also, the duncan forum is great.

DirtyJerzey

I'm a HC refugee as well. The good thing about TGP is the members that need the latest and greatest often sell their used gear at really reasonable prices. That's the only way I can even get close to this stuff. I've made some great gear scores here. got some great advice too.

lowedt

Hell, I picked up a Silvertone fastback for 20 bucks, I rewound the pickups, installed push pull switches and redid the electronics and its a great guitar. I actually play it a lot when I have strats and les pauls sitting around. Its all about what feels and sounds good to me. Looks never hurt either.

AudioEcstasy

Hey Ninja, this is by far the best guitar forum on the net right now. Welcome aboard! Gearslutz is cool but def more toward the recording side.

:banana

ninjaaron

just dont hang out in this thread:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1406742

Dude's posting screenshots of his million dollar bank account balance.

Wowowowow!

and anyone who has that much in the bank (and gets 200k annual bonuses) has most of their capitol invested. It's funny to think that when I buy a $500 guitar, I'm expending a greater percent of my net worth than when he gets a '58 LP. Probably the fact that he's still trying to be careful with it is a good indicator of how he managed to do so well for himself.

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
You aren't alone my friend… My number one guitar cost me under 500 bucks. I upgraded it and it is still way, way under a grand. And it RIPS. There are a lot of folks here like us, and there are a lot of threads that you will fit into nicely. Start a thread, you may be surprised… Tell ya what. I'll start a cheap gear thread right now.. Why not?

Not going to lie- most my pedals are very pricey, and I have saved for a few years to order two expensive guitars that I should be receiving later this year.

That said- my number 1 is still a 2002 Gibson SG Special Faded. Tried to replace it many times, but this guitar which my father bought for me in 2002 is still absolutely the best, most singing guitar, that I have owned. It can rock, has gorgeous cleans, and is very balanced compared to most of the SGs out there. It was under $600 after tax and with a hard case. I also bought my number 1 amp- an early Budda SD18-II 1x12- for $725 used.

As far as pedals- I really love the Bearfoot stuff and the Strymon stuff as well. But I prefer to record with a Boss DD5 or some old analog delays vs the Timeline that I use live. Use what works for you!

peskypesky

This thread has renewed my faith in TGP. Glad to know there are so many others who appreciate the nice, low-priced gear that is available these days.

whitehall

My Les Paul forum has an entire section devoted to copy guitars, called other les Paul's. You will also find most of the HC people there..

Peeb

Wowowowow!

and anyone who has that much in the bank (and gets 200k annual bonuses) has most of their capitol invested. It's funny to think that when I buy a $500 guitar, I'm expending a greater percent of my net worth than when he gets a '58 LP. Probably the fact that he's still trying to be careful with it is a good indicator of how he managed to do so well for himself.
thread killed now?

Jonny D

We guys who don't go for super expensive stuff are on here. Start some threads and see how things go. What are you wanting to talk about?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom