Which musician is touring at an old age, and doing a great job?

NB_Terry

The fact that Tommy Aldridge is drumming with Whitesnake on tour now, and he turns 72 in August is amazing.

(I did see an article today about Tommy's health.)

Glenn Hughes still sounding great at 70 is amazing.

While Jagger & Richards are even older, I think their tasks are less demanding than the 2 that I mentioned.

Who are your picks?

Last edited:

gman1951

Gold Supporting Member
I saw Adrian Belew before the Pandemic and he brought it at every level! Great, great show! More recently, I saw Justin Hayward for an excellent, intimate, unplugged show accompanied by Mike Dawes (who was mind-blowingly good) for a great show. JH's voice was in very good form and his tunes are timeless classics.

devicaster

2023 will be their 50th year as Cheap Trick. One of the few bands to exist this long without any fictitious, or frivolous farewell's, barely even a hiatus from touring. Road dogs personified.

1656289124893.png

benagain

Was just watching Justin Hawkins's channel and he did the 'Should they retire..?' on Steven Tyler. That cat(Tyler) is still so on pitch it's crazy..maybe not as much force, but his ears and voice are still on point if not better. It's weird how it leaves some and sticks with others.

ozraves

Silver Supporting Member
Lindsey Buckingham. Dude did a show heavy on his latest album and pulled it off. And, he is 72. Wish he'd add The Chain to his setlist.

And, speaking of people with newer material that is quality material, The Who. Saw them last month. Their current show is with live strings and live horns. The show was like a greatest hits album live. So many songs. One or two new ones. Roger is 78 and Pete is 77. Roger still sings on pitch all the time. Kind of unusual at his age. Definitely a tour to see when it resumes later this year.

Last edited:

Top Bottom