1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Which neck to fit into my mim Fender body?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by hungrymusician, Sep 7, 2008.

1. hungrymusician

hungrymusician Member

Hi,
    Please help me,im looking for a neck(Tele) to fit into my Mexican standard Tele body.Ive heard about necks from different country makes are different in the size.
    Id like a 52ri Tele neck either USA or Japan made,but would they fit?
    Thanks.

2. hungrymusician

hungrymusician Member

3. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

USA necks fit USA or Mexico bodies and Japan only fit Japan becauseof the small difference between 2 3/16" and the close metric equivalent . There will always be exceptions if tolerances get sloppy.

4. shark_bite

shark_bite Member

That's true, but the difference is pretty small. Small enough that you could sand out the neck pocket in the MIM body a bit and load a MIJ/CIJ neck in there. That's what I've done with my MIJ 52 Tele - swapped the body for a Hwy 1.