Which OD and why??

stratman7

Mojo hand Rook?
Wampler Clarksdale?
Keeley Red Dirt?

Anyone try all of these and which one do you prefer?? Looking at one or buying two for lead work on a Strat.. heavy blues.. suggestions??

Dunzie

Well... I have only briefly played the Rook in a dealer's demo room so can't give enough feedback there, but I've owned both the other two for a fair chunk of time and eventually made a choice between them. It was pretty easy for me in keeping the Red Dirt, but mostly because (1) I think it's a better lead boost and (2) it seemed to sound better through my tweed Fenders overall. The Wampler is fantastic in design and has lots of tone shaping too, but the Red Dirt is the best lead boost I've ever owned and works fantastic with almost all other drive pedals I stack it on.

Elvis Fury

I currently use a Barber Compact Direct Drive - it honestly captures, IMO, all the great useful OD sounds you will ever need and sounds organic. The Cmatmods Signa Drive is a close second

Elvis Fury

Mojo hand Rook?
Wampler Clarksdale?
Keeley Red Dirt?

Anyone try all of these and which one do you prefer?? Looking at one or buying two for lead work on a Strat.. heavy blues.. suggestions??
Wasn't a big fan of The Rook although it looks badass. Very generic sounding to my partially deaf ears ;)

pickleweed

Mojo hand Rook?
Wampler Clarksdale?
Keeley Red Dirt?

Haven't played all of them, but I just recently went through a very similar search and ended up with a red dirt. It has exceeded my every expectation. Really, a spectacular pedal.

stratman7

thanks for the feedback... Ii am hearing a lot of good things about the red dirt... also the rook seems appealing too!

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
Mojo hand Rook?
Wampler Clarksdale?
Keeley Red Dirt?
I'd go for Mojo Hand Rook out of these three pedals. Keeley Red Dirt is a reliable choice too.
I'd skip Wampler Clarksdale cause it's not the best Brian's offering. If you want Wampler better check Euphorea.
I strongly recommend you to include Chellee Odie (Green) into your list. Clipping options, top notch quality, user friendly price. I found its MOSFET clipping engine is fantastic for leads and power cords.
All the pedals fall into your TS inspired device trend.

Last edited:

Trending Topics