Which OD do I keep????

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by crbirdx, Jul 23, 2008.

1. crbirdx

crbirdx Member

I know that you are going to say that it depends or rig etc. but I need to eliminate 1-2 if they are duplicates. I have the whole fender line 53 deluxe, 66 princeton rv, 70 deluxe rev, 71 twin, 74 vibrolux, valvetech hayseed 30 and vac22, bumbox cielo = jtm45 clone and a trainwreck clone. For guitars I have mostly tele's and les paul's a few strats and 335. My music is indie rock to jazz to some metal just for fun. I used custom wound pups from wolfetone and a few other manlius, bg pups, vintage vibe, rio grande.

With this tonal variation I have the following od's just give an opinion about which one or two is to go.

analogman brown ts9
    NOC3 firefly
    NOC3 Pure Drive
    Catalinbread silver kiss mk II
    Tim
    SRB808+ with the 2 switches and landgraff
    clone of a way huge Red Llama from stressfx

thanks in advance
    c

2. crbirdx

crbirdx Member

I too like the AM ts9 brown and I did not like the silver nor the KOT
    thanks
    c

3. gregb

gregb Member

I'd also keep the Analogman Brown... It would definitely be the most commercially well-known out of those, and would probably hold its value (or raise, even) the best over time, in case you changed your mind later.

4. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Definitely keep the Silver Kiss... that little box excels in so many applications. I love that little drive pedal. It's been on the board since they first came out and has seen Eternities, Red Snappers, Timmy's, and many other OD's, fuzzes, distortions, etc. come and go

5. crbirdx

crbirdx Member

I need some help with the silver kiss i think that the eq is very adjustable. let me know some settings you like with lp or tele or strats
    thanks

6. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

I've only had a Mk. II for a short while - I do prefer the originals.
    That said, I like it as a low to medium gain OD that doubles duty as a gritty booster for other drives or fuzzes. It's really something that it gets along with such a variety of other pedals in that role. My general suggestion would be to adjust the Treble and Bass to taste (in that order), and dial back the mids more than you think you should.

-Ben

7. crbirdx

crbirdx Member

thanks ben for the suggestions
    c

8. rob2001

rob2001 Member

With all those amps i'd think you could safely get rid of all those pedals, get a killer amp switching system, and still have an exellent tonal arsenal!

9. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

man, +1. i'd just get rid of all the OD pedals and crank the amps. if it doesn't have a master vol, i'd get an attenuator to coax em out at listening levels.

10. crbirdx

crbirdx Member

11. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

I'm fascinated by Llamas...they are similar to treble boost (very open and clear, almost hi-fi) but they are easier to use.