• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Which of these Lovepedals can be fed @18 volts ?

coltonius

Señor Member
Supporting Member
With Lovepedal, manufacturer's documentation is very limited. So it's a valid question. ;)

For sure the Bonetender (black or white- same circuit). The OD11 can do 18v as well.

rumbletone

Silver Supporting Member
With Lovepedal, manufacturer's documentation is very limited. So it's a valid question. ;)

Agreed it's limited, but of the few pieces of data provided it does appear to provide the voltage requirements (including '9-18vDC' where applicable), so I'm not sure whether OP is saying he doesn't trust the info provided by manufacturer, whether these models are not the ones for which the provided info is applicable, or something else.

The one I just checked - Vibronaut - clearly says 9vDC, while other Lovepedal specs clearly say '9vDC--18vDC' - so I would take that to mean the Vibronaut should not be run at 18vDC. But perhaps I'm missing something...

meowmers

Kalamazoo will do 18v. But if you like the sweet sustaining compression 9v is good to go.

coltonius

Señor Member
Supporting Member
I used my Bonetender in services this morning.. At 9v, unity is something like 8 o'clock? I can't imagine needing 18v for any reason!

Billy Idle

Thanks everyone, thanks MagicBoy !
At first, I was just wondering about the differences between both Kalamazoo, except for the color. The Gold version is known for its ability to run at 18v. I was not sure about the silver Kalamazoo which is the one I have owned for years. I just didn't want to fry it !
Then I read something thid morning about the Bonetender MKII fed at 18v. Same precaution : not to fry my MKI in case in want to try it out. My question was not related to any volume issue. I know the BT is LOUD !
I prefer mine through SC and P90 especially. Maybe the 18v-trick could help it handle my HB in a better way w/ my rig.
Third, I've got a Vibronaut on the way...

Top Bottom