• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Which one is better? WCR, Lollar or Wolfetone for ES-335

TaylorC

I wanna replace my ES-335's pickup. I've been serching for a while.I'm interested in WCR Crossroads-DarkBurst combo , Lollar low wind Imperials set and Wolfetone Dr. Vintage.

I have no idea choose which set is better. Usually, I play blues/rock stuff, and need good clean, dynamic, smooth sound. Don't need too high output sound. Could anyone give me some suggestion?

slopeshoulder

I removed the low wind lollars from my collings I-35 and replaced them with wolfetone dr. vintage. No offense to the lollar's (I have 4 sets including Imperials in my Collings CL), but I found the wolf's to have a bit more output while sounding a bit more woody and open or detailed in the mids. In other words, tone wasn't closed up as input increased a little bit. I sold that guitar because I'm more of a CL man, but wow were they good. But you can't go wrong either way.

I have a WCR BetSet in my 345.Exceptional set of pickups.Low output PAF style pickups that have those harmonic double tones,they rock.

Steven_K

Also check out Sheptones - I have a set I'm waiting to install and they are supposedly a great match for hollowbodies. Also a bit cheaper than those other options.

tfunster

Gold Supporting Member
I've had Wolfetone Marshallheads, Lollar Imperials, and now Throbak LTD.+ in my heritage H535. I like the Throbak's the best, they really sound and feel "old school."

teefus

what is in there now and what don't you like about them? i have fralin unbuckers in 2 of my 3 hamer newport pros (kind of like a 336) and they are fantastic. they are pretty low output with tons of clarity and no feedback problems even being in a hollow body. my 3 newport pro is a maple top and i have wolfetone legends in it. they brightened up a bit for classic rock and really took the harsh edge of that the stock duncan seth lovers had. again, no feedback issues in this guitar.

TaylorC

Seriously....................I just wanna try something different.:D
If I buy one of them, can I also install it in my prs McCarty?

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Gold Supporting Member
Duncan Seth Lovers are the tits in a semi-hollow body.

teefus

i found the stock seth lover sin my hamers were too dark for me to do classic rock. they also had a howling problem. the unbuckers are great and the wolfetone legends are fantastic in this application.

dewman

Wolfetone Dr V's and Lollars would be great. I felt the WCRs I have tried in a 335 didnt do it for me.

Trending Topics