• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

which one single coil sized hb for single coil sound?

ianblond

Hello , i`m testing SD Little 59 in the bridge position in my Music Man.It has fantastic sound as humbucker but it`s too bassy as single coil (i use push-pull pot for this purpose).Which one pickup (mini humbucker ) could be better in single coil mode ? just a bit less bass or fuller mids- thats all ....

treeofpain

Gold Supporting Member
Man, this is tough. I haven't heard a splittable humbucker that I like in both modes. Maybe someone else has?

Gnarlly

Have you tried a good vintage-style single coil in the bridge with the middle pickup tone pot moved to the bridge pickup?

After years of using a single-coil sized HB, I am using the setup described above, and with the tone control rolled back to about 6, I can get some pretty chunky HB-like sounds from the bridge single-coil pickup. Roll the tone back up to 10, and you get your standard bridge single-coil tone with a little less "ice-pick" highs as the tone pot cuts off a little treble even on 10 (unless you use a no-load pot).

Trending Topics