Which Orchestra size acoustic for 500ish?

Goldstrat

I need advice on the $500 range orchestra size acoustics. I played a real cheap Beddel that was nice but is the real cheap model. Anyone have advice on the Bedell, Recording King, Loar, Blueridge etc. models? I don't want to know about Alvarez or Seagull because they are available and I can try them out at GC.i also don't want to spend more than $600 or so since I would get a used American guitar for a little more than that. Thanks!

When I was at NAMM last month I was looking for the same. OM/small bodied guitars on the cheap end. I made a point of hitting the Loar, RK section, but came away not overly impressed, especially The Loar. I do find that when running the rack at GC I come away impressed with Yamaha, especially for the price. Doing some research I've found that the L series may be what I'm looking for, and you may be interested as well. For the price you're looking at the LS6 would fit the bill. A step up to the LS16 gets you solid wood all around. The only problem is that I can not find any to try, but they get a LOT of love on the Acoustic Guitar Forum. I may buy before trying - will be a first for me.

jds22

Silver Supporting Member
Don't know if you are interested in used but if so, GC's used section has a few Taylor 114s for $499 and under.

I'm poor so I'm going to grab a Yamaha FS700 for $199.

Goldstrat

We'll I ended up getting a Fender FSR butterscotch Ash Tele instead. I couldn't resist the blackguard! Thanks for all the suggestions.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Blueridge. BR 43. Paid about $300. Bought a case, got a plek setup and an LR Baggs element. Have been going strong for 8 years and sounds better and better lately.

Harryq

I just got a Parkwood PW320m which needed repairs done. It cost $80. When I got the repairs done I was very impressed with the sound and playability. I don't think they're made anymore, but you should be able to pick up a used one in good shape for well under your budget limit.

Trending Topics