1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Which overdrive for Reinhardt 18

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Casey S, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Casey S

Casey S Silver Supporting Member

I have tried it with menatone red snapper, and blue collar. Also a maxon od 808 and a Analog Man BD-2. They all just seemed to take something away from the amp when i switched them on. I am using a Flying Dragon to push it into light crunch for rhythm stuff and some lead but i need something to push it a little further. I am using a AC Booster at the moment which works better than the above mentioned OD's, but it is a little to smooth.

I am playing the Reinhardt through a Dr. Z 4x10. I am playing Alt. Country, Country, Rock type stuff.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Don L

Don L Member

TS-808 and Klon worked pretty well for me.

3. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

I've got the MI-6 version and a Tim sounds fantastic with it.

4. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

Who needs a pedal with this amp?? I find my MI6 has almost got too much gain maxxed out...

5. Stephen Davis

Stephen Davis Supporting Member

BSM Boosters into all of Bob's amps.