• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Which P90 is better for a Tele Neck: Fralin or Lollar

HenryAdams

Hey, folks:

Looking for a clear, chimey p90 for the neck of my tele, and it seems like Fralin or Lollar are the two most popular choices (though Wolfetones seem to get some love). I have a GFS mean90 in there now, and it's pretty good, but I want to see what a real p90 sounds like. I'm less interested in growl and bark than clarity, less AC/DC, more rockabilly. What do you think? Lollar or Fralin?

ssdeluxe

I have experience with: gibson, lollar, fralin, jon moore (tonefordays.com), wolfetones

based on your wants: I would recommend a 50's wind un-potted from lollar, they are awesome for what you seek.

also, I love Jon Moore's pup's, he can wind anything, I have a pair of his that are amazing....but more in the boombastic/raucous raw/bitey p90. A great winder.

wolfetone's are great too: but imo, more in the gibson rock camp and less in the rockabilly camp. (others might/will have diff. experiences to share).

so much to choose from,we are in a gear renaissance for sure, so much choice...those are mine !

my advice is: either try something from the emporium or call up a builder and see what they say, these people are extremely knowledgeable and sometimes know what you need better than we do ! :)

Drewski

Gold Supporting Member
I love wolfetones, and vintage vibe p90s a lot. But reading what you want I agree that lollar 50's winds unpotted is a perfect fit.

Trending Topics