• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Which parenthood bummer is your favorite?

Which is your jam?

• Cats in the cradle

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Father and son

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

ant_riv

Silver Supporting Member
Don’t know father and son but if it’s half as heartbreaking as Cats I’d suggest you start to plan some serious father/son Time and activities!

J/k (sorta) because I hope all is well with you and him.

27sauce

Don’t know father and son but if it’s half as heartbreaking as Cats I’d suggest you start to plan some serious father/son Time and activities!

J/k (sorta) because I hope all is well with you and him.
Yeah right? It was my favorite kid, too. Didn't see that one coming!

ant_riv

Silver Supporting Member
They’ll get you when you least expect.

My (then) 16-year old daughter was talking about fashion and so I said “Well, I kinda like it, but then, I suppose I have old-fashioned style, right?”
She looked at me with a perfectly straight face and said “Dad you don’t have any style.”

wire-n-wood

Silver Supporting Member
Hate that Cats in the Cradle song. So preachy.
Father and Son is nuanced and beautiful.

Honestly, I don't even know how these could be compared in the same breath.

27sauce

Hate that Cats in the Cradle song. So preachy.
Father and Son is nuanced and beautiful.

Honestly, I don't even know how these could be compared in the same breath.
I feel the same, honestly. My wife threw Cat’s into the mix with my son. He didn’t get it, I don’t think he understands either, he’s only 6. He says Father and son sounds sad. Testament to a great melody.

Nebakanezer

I love Ugly Kid Joe!!!!!!!

seriously, kids........... am I right????

this summer, I would pack up my 6 year old and dog to eat lunch with momma most days at her work and we’d scan the radio for a station and she likes a top 40/today’s hits, iHeart Eadio station that played this song at least once an hour..... And my daughter loved it!! I looked up info on the meaning and he wrote it for his aunt that took her life....... To deep for a kid, but something in this song grabbed her attention. Lately I’ve been thinking about sitting down and learning it.

Laurence

Gold Supporting Member
We're on grandkids now. "You are my sunshine". It works.

Between the two I'd go for Father and Son.

WordMan

Gold Supporting Member
My son asked me to learn one of these for him to sing over. Wow, thanks for the bummer, kid!
Actually, if the song doesn’t *have* to be all Father-Son-y, I think one of the first songs I showed my son was Money. Great little riff on the lower E and A, a basic structure, a fun, snotty lyric. He dug it.

Trending Topics