Which pedal cable kit? Lava, George L's or Planet waves?

markophonic

Gold Supporting Member
I've heard good and bad about all of these. I'm leaning towards the Lava's...what are your impressions of these 3 kits?

Last Nerve

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Gold Supporting Member
Lava's are the best out of those three.
I would look at Bill Lawrence cables as well, though. :)

greatbigz

FWIW,I had George L's on my board for 3 years with absolutely no problems. I just wanted a change and I had some GAS. That is the ONLY reason I switched.

bubbaheat

The Waves are very good. I've had them on my board for 2 years with no complaints. Plus they all worked the first time I made them.

Macaroni

The new Lava plug design and the quality of the cables, makes it a definite step above the George Ls in every way, IMHO.

Way to go Mark for some needed innovation!

Ozro4

I've got Planet Waves on my board, and I like 'em. Cheapest of the 3 and really easy to assemble. I've never tried the other, so I can't say what's best - just that I like the planet waves.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Bill Lawrence cables are still doing right by me, even as an instrument cable! I yank it out of the amp or guitar, no stripping or anything, nice!

nsriley

I have Planet Waves now. Great sounding, easy to make, never had a failure. I dumped all my George L's which don't sound as good, and used to short out on me from time to time.

gregory49

GeorgeLs and Lavas i would say. Planet waves are great but they take up alot more room on your pedal board. So you can either go with an industry standard that most people use or support the small-med business guy and get the Lavas. I'm probably gonna go georgeL just because I love the way those connector sleves look, and I dont have to goof around with paypal then i can pick them up locally.

markophonic

Gold Supporting Member
Well I ordered a Lava kit. I like the sleeve and connectors and it looks as though they may offer some flexibility compared to the plugs. I can see where the Planet Waves could really take up some space on a board that is already crowded. I like the George L's but I know a few people who have had problems...mostly from moving stuff around alot...which I have been doing alot of lately.

jamison162

Another huge round of applause for the Bill Lawrence cable and short connectors! :AOK

I don't know why more people aren't trying them - I don't know of a single person who has tried it that doesn't rave about them.
Maybe if it were twice the cost, more folks would take this cable seriously.

nrvana8775

Someone recommended ea monorail cables and bill lawrence short plugs to me a week or so ago, still wanting to try that out.

Glowing Tubes

Silver Supporting Member
Been down the George-L route, potentially cause a TON of troubles.
I had them failing left and right.

The tone of them (for me) is a bit brite and not as true to my original tone.
I'm saving for the Lava kit.

Trending Topics