Which pedal to GO? (OD/fuzz)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gapple88, Aug 2, 2006.

1. gapple88

gapple88 Member

Hi guys.....Need your views...:confused:

Suffering from ODs/Fuzz overdose. Bot too many ODs in a recent spate of insanity and i realised that i need to get rid of some....

These are my OD/Fuzz...
    [​IMG]

I like the Screwdriver and blackstone best (Mayo and BS are recent buys) Timmy will be the first to go as i have CARB incoming. Now i am considering to get rid of either the MAYO or Huckleberry to reduce the number of pedals on my board. Might even trade for Tonefactor Analogue Filter for something different.

What would you do? tks.

2. Platypus

Platypus not in rivers, but in drops Supporting Member

I'd take the Huck or Mayo off your hands :p

3. gapple88

gapple88 Member

thats fast....:D

What i need is advise on which pedals to go. Not selling anything.............

yet

4. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

keep the mayo, take the huch off...;) I would keep the timmy on and put the cab on too!...btw, how do you like the blackstone?

5. musickbox

musickbox Supporting Member

Nice collection. I would get rid of the Huckleberry or Mayo as well. They are both similar pedals. I have a Mayo on the way. In my case (since I have a hellbilly) I would keep the mayo. As far as the other overdrive distortions go.. if the screwdriver and blackstone are your favorite then keep them. I have never played either but do own a timmy. I am extremely happy with my timmy and probably will never sell it unless I need the money bad. I have a lot of pedals I would sell before the timmy. Good luck.

6. murch33

murch33 Active Member

I would definitely keep the Skreddy pedals and dump the Huckleberry. I haven't played the other two.

7. gapple88

gapple88 Member

Somehow the timmy doesnt speak to me as much. I like the BS very much, it cleans up very well n its very versatile. Some tweaking might be necessary but once you find your sweetspot, u'll be very happy.

its like having 2 pedals in one.:BluesBros

8. musickbox

musickbox Supporting Member

Sounds like you set on selling the timmy. I would do it. Get the carb and sell the huckleberry. I think you would have all the type of sounds you need.

9. TieDyedDevil

TieDyedDevil Member

My preference would be to lose everything except the Blackstone.

10. Jacobpaul81

Jacobpaul81 Member

haha, much like anearliar poster, "ill take the mayo off your hands".

Now, being serious..

The blackstone require you to use it first in the chain if you want to dial it back. That means you can't really take full advantage of having something cleaner (like carb or timmy) in front of it. That doesn't really mean much, but might to some players.

Carb and Timmy. Different beasts. I wouldn't trade out the timmy till you've played the CARB a bit. You might discover you like timmy better, or you like them together.

I think the screwdriver will prove itself overkill if you keep both the blackstone and the CARB. I personally wouldn't keep the blackstone, but you're not me.

Finally, Huckleberry vs. Mayo. I guess its a simple choice of which do you like better.

If I was choosing from these, id probally keep: Mayo, CARB, and Timmy. Id definatly want to give the screwdriver a shot with the CARB and Timmy though, cause I imagine its a pretty good stacker with those 2 units. Id probally use timmy like I use the morning dew EQ in my current rig.. as a mid level boost for CARB, Mayo and the Screwdriver. Id then use the other three as base tones... CARB is an excellent rhythm pedal as well as a lead base tone, Mayo as a sustain driven base tone, and then Id use the screwdriver just like I use hotcake in my current rig.. a dirtier rhythm/lead Overdrive tone.

11. gapple88

gapple88 Member

Thanks guys for your insights:AOK

12. gapple88

gapple88 Member