which pedal would you reccommend me??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by usojas, Jan 26, 2012.

1. usojas

usojas Member

Hi everybody of the gear page, this is my first post.
    I need a new fat and powerful overdrive pedal, so I am thinking in some options: Zvex Box Of Rock, Fulltone Plimsoul or The Luther Drive (the pedal is made by gearmanndude, check it out in youtube).

Which one do you think is better??

Psd: I use a strat and I like to play from a purist Blues to a Hard Rock.

Thank you! :)

2. kev1n

kev1n Member

all good. try em out

3. keepingitweird

keepingitweird Member

Forget all of those and just get a Klon off ebay...just kidding...check out the plimsoul.

4. justonwo

justonwo Supporting Member

If the Box of Rock is something that interests you, then I would get a 7 knob Menatone King of the Britains and call it a day. Full tone stack, presence adjustment, independent boost, voicing switch. This will give you MANY different Marshall-style sounds and a lot of adjustability. I have been through a lot of dirt pedals over the years. The Menatone has always stuck around. I owned a Box of Rock and did a lot of comparison testing.

If you are looking for a more compressed and chimey AC30 sound, the Top Boost In a Can is another great option. I prefer the older version with full tone stack.