Which pedals? By the way, which ones Pink?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gibson08, Oct 24, 2008.

1. gibson08

gibson08 Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSamNdnhKyw
    I would want just a basic trem pedal for this, obviously I already know that he is probably using the trem on one of those vintage fenders behind him, but surely I can buy something simple to accomplish this, how about the Tremster?? Sound clips sound pretty good, what the general thought on this, Gilmour...man what an inspiration he is to a lot of players!!
    And how about this one(short but way cool!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyDwT-z9Id0
    must be some sort of fuzz?? I listened to some clips today, how about that analogman fuzz?? sounded pretty cool!! Thanks as usual for all the help!! we can always use a little Floyd talk anyway!!

2. RANMAN

RANMAN Member

3. gibson08

gibson08 Member

Yeah, Almost too much info on that sight!! Was cool reading though, I guess I dont need the exact equipment that he used, just wanted some easy to locate easy to afford stuff, with the help of the great TGP folks!!

4. gibson08

gibson08 Member

BTW, from the looks of your gear, you look like you could be a Gilmour fan as well??

5. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

I think gilmore used a phaser or a univibe for breathe.

As far as the fuzz goes, a silicon fuzz face, or a rams head big muff should get you pretty close.

The only tremolo I can think of, would be on money.

dk

6. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

The second solo is a Skreddy Lunar module dead on.

7. Purplexi

Purplexi Member

NOT a phaser.

8. gibson08

gibson08 Member

Thanks! Thats why I always ask here, I would have been looking for a Trem instead of a Univibe! Same goes though, easy to find and easy to afford!!

9. gibson08

gibson08 Member

Does this fall in the easy to get and easy to afford category?? I thought the Skreddy stuff(which I always hear good things about) are harder to get and fairly pricey??

10. mgarrison99

mgarrison99 Silver Supporting Member

200 lbs, microvibe, deeelay - you're there...

11. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

My $.02
    Get the MXR "74 reissue" phaser and a Monsterpiece NPN fuzz (or a PNP) or a Hendrix Fuzzface (all moderatly priced, new, easily obtainable gear.)
    It will run you as much for both pedals as one of those pricy AM's.
    You will be able to get ALL those sounds, because that's pretty much the TIME equipment. (If you listen to "Us and them" you definately hear a REAL Leslie effect, but that is not the Time sound.)

I think you'd be better off spending your time really getting those chord voicings down pat, rather than chasing a lot of fancy gear for that "last 1%" of tone.

12. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

The reason I listed a phaser is because Gilmour eventually switched the univibe out for a EH Electric Mistress Flanger. He also added a phase 90 and a small stone. After 1977 there was no UniVibe on the board. So I can only assume he used a phaser for a univibe replacement.

Plus you can pull off a decent floyd sound with either a uni vibe or a phaser.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univibe
    "The Univibe (or UniVibe, or Uni-Vibe) is a footpedal-operated phaser or phase shifter for the guitar. It was introduced in the 1960s by Shin-Ei, and was intended to emulate the "Doppler sound" of a Leslie speaker."

So I think it is more than acceptable to suggest a phaser for the Floyd sound...

dk

13. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

+1 monsterpiece npn is a great fuzz. Pretty damn affordable. A bit cheaper would be the Dano Cool Cat Fuzz. It won't be as close as the monsterpiece, but it is a very versatile fuzz pedal, so you can use it for other sounds as well. Dano also has the Cool Cat Vibe. That would be a good low cost option. Also check out the chicken salad from danelectro, but its plastic and not true bypass.

Also check out the new muff style pedals that EH makes. Very affordable stuff. I like the little big muff, and the nano muff.

dk

14. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

Readily available, yes. Like 200 or so.

15. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

That swirly sound is his custom made by Dunlop rack mount Univibe that is incorporated into the rack portion of his rig. He has had it since Division Bell.

16. gibson08

gibson08 Member

Thanks for all the input, and a critic who has never heard me play...anyway, how about that univibe??, obviously the original stuff is out of the question!, how about something else??

17. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

Someone earlier suggested the Microvibe as an alternative.

18. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

cheaper univibish sounds are the micro vibe, the dano chicken salad, and the digitech ex7. . . . a phase 45 will get you there as well. . . .

19. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

In addition to what Orogeny said, The BYOC large beaver is the BEST bet for copping the Gilmour muff tones. A pre-made pedal is $130 and it comes in 2 flavors (triangle or rams head) with a 4 way selectable mid switch.

You're going to need a delay as well.

20. robbyb

robbyb Member

I saw the mention of a phase 45 maybe getting you there... to add to that, I have a tonefactor nebula (sort of like a phase 67.5) and it can achieve a very good "breathe" sound... Yes, it's a phase pedal, but I think it sounds pretty close.

Just my opinion.