which pedals get the y cable from pp2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bionic, Mar 21, 2008.

1. bionic

bionic Member

Ends up I am way overboard on the outlets of my one pedal power 2. Here is a list of my pedals so tell me which draws the least amount of milamps. super duper (a good prospect), strobostomp (good prospect and was thinking of using the power out it to power up the super duper and saving a space on the pedal power, this will be kept out of the chain and put in the tuner out of Switchbone), MJM Ulysees wah (tb'd), Tim (or timmy or Eternity haven't chosen which on yet), 'MJM Foxey Fuzz, 70's Maestro phaser (TB'd), Boss DD2, Line 6 DL4, Dunlop tremolo (which may be the sacrificial lamb, it's the discontinued model that is in a wah casing so you can change the speed of the tremolo) Radial Switchbone which is plugged into the AC outlet at the back of the pedal power.
    Hmm now that I have typed this I am thinking power out of strobostomp into super duper and then group one of the other pedals with a Y cable.

2. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

Generally, regular dirt pedals use <10mA. A standard output on the PP2+ provides 100mA...while the 2 Line 6 outputs provide 200mA. I think you'll need to use each one of those for the DL4 and the DD-20, and leave the other outputs for your other stuff. You'd probably be fine using a split Y cable on the Strobostomp and the Tim, then powering the Super Duper through the Strobo (I think the Strobo's current draw is ~85mA and the Tim and Super Duper are between 3mA and 5mA each).

The current draws of the phaser and tremolo are probably pretty high (40mA+) so you'd only be able to split Y them with the fuzz or Switchbone. You should email the manufacturers of each pedal and ask about the required amperage!

3. bionic

bionic Member

This Fire,
    Thanks for the help. The Switchbone though has to be plugged into the ac outlet in the back of the pedal power as it is a 15 volt and I'm using a DD2 not a DD20. I will get hold of the manufacturers now. If anybody might know while I'm staring at my inbox waiting for customer support let me know

4. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

Oh, DD-2...gotcha, haha. I looked up the current draw and found it to be something around 55mA. You'd be fine running that with a split Y cable connected to the fuzz or another dirt pedal.

5. bionic

bionic Member

I've done some snooping on line and Mike from MJM is pretty quick at getting back but what I've found so far is:
    dd2 55ma
    strobostomp 80 ma
    super duper 3 ma (!)
    Don't know if I will ever find what the Maestro wants but did find out that there are trim pots inside that I can further tweek for maximum "jet taking off" phase